Need help with a whole new layout! (yes im a newb)

Soldato
I know some limited knowlage about ram, proccessors ect. But not enough to know what to get for a whole new pc build :P

Ok then, my sisters austrlian boy friend is gona come over in march and he is an ict person thingy so he can make it all for me :)

I need some help desiding on some things and they all have to fit in a case... which i also need help with :)

There is no way i can afford to spend over £700 so keep it low but quality stuff that i wont need to upgrade. I am heavly into games therefore i need a good pc ready to be upgraded to DX10 when i get more money.

The may upgrades that i want are Processor, Ram and Motherbord. The others can be got later, like the sound card and graphics card. Therefore i need my new stuff to be compatible with a 6800GT and audigy 2.

Here is what i am thinking about getting:

Processor
Intel Core 2 DUO E6600

Motherbord

I dont know if id want crossfire or SLI though, i migth eventualy put dual cards in but will crossfire support the new ATI DX10 card coming out?

Asus P5W DH Deluxe WiFi (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

GFX
I currently have a 6800GT and i dont have the money to upgrade to DX10 card and i see no point in getting another card and then DX10 so this i shall skip untill i have the money for DX10 card. Which make ATI or Nvida would you suggest i go for though when i come to DX10?

Ram
G.Skill 2GB DDR2 HZ PC2-6400 (2x1GB) CAS4 Dual Channel Kit (F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ)

Soundcard

Currently have an audigy 2 which i think is not good enough for surround sound with vista. Therefore i will later upgrade to:
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Professional 7.1 Soundcard - Retail

Hard drive

Need help with this one, probly dual sata and looking for around 350gb??

Power supply

Help :O

Case

I need a good case with god air flow, i may overclock my processor a bit but not heavly.

Thankyou for helpin me :D

mm

Thanks for the quick responces

I did give a budget of 700 quid. But i think 650 is more relistic

I dont want to go lower then a E6600 on my processor.

This 650/700 budget is for a motherbord ram and processor, hard drive and case.

But i was asking what i should be looking to buy next after this. I want to have all the pc specs ready so i can buy them in my own time when i get the cash.

The motherbord ram and prossor and hard drive are the first on the list as i can continue to use my audigy 2 and 6800GT (pci-e) with them i hope.

But i dont know what would be a good case, powersupply, hard drive, motherbord (although i had ideas which i posted in the first post) ect.

So if you could look back at my first post and help me fill in the blanks or correct anything like the ram i said id get, mabey there is better for the price? i dont know.

i want a powerfull pc. I was thinking about getting the ATI DX10 card when it comes out. Which is why i also asked what motherbord to get in respect to crossfire and SLI.

Hows this (without case of fans)?

Western Digital Caviar RE 320GB 3200YS SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM

G.Skill 2GB DDR2 HZ PC2-6400 (2x1GB) CAS4 Dual Channel Kit (F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ)

Intel Core 2 DUO E6600 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) - Retail

Intel Extreme D975XBX2KR BAD AXE 2 975X (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard - Retail

£654.43 inc VAT

Also what fans should i get? or would a good case be good enough to not need fans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom