Need help with Mrs's iPhone please

Soldato
I'll start by saying I've never owned an apple device so please don't hate me too much :)

The other half has an iPhone 5s 16Gb it's about 14 months old, and suits her just fine, small, robust, and apparently uncomplicated to use, and takes good photos for her use. All had been great until a few weeks ago when the phone would hard lock into a white screen with an apple logo. No amount of button pressing or holding (Google search) would fix it. Only plugging the charger in would help the phone come back to life. A real pain in the neck when not at home!
Battery life and use and charging is fine btw.

Now I've managed to use iTunes to reinstall the software and recover her settings but nothing has changed :(
We have now come to realise that this lockup happens when she uses the camera. Otherwise the phone runs fine.

Anyone come across this before or have any suggestions? Or shall we just sling it ;)

Cheers
Mick

Associate
Is the iOS up to date? Maybe an update could fix any possible bugs, or If recently updated try downgrade see if that helps?

Holding the lock button and home button till the screen blacks out is just a hard reset if it’s a software problem that probably won’t help.

Soldato
OP
It's up to date as far as iTunes and the phone knows, and I followed a guide to use iTunes to reinstall the os but it's still a poorly phone :(

Are there any such apps to test the hardware or memory maybe?

Associate
Not as such, maybe they do in the Apple store. Not like it’s an old out of date phone yet as you mate seen on the news apple slow down older devices to make you upgrade basically!
Is there a lot of pictures saved on the phone? How’s the memory usage?

Soldato
OP
Right we've done a bit of testing.
The phone locks up after taking a few photos, and will only come back from the white screen when it's plugged into the charger. The battery % drops dramatically, but this isn't proved as it might just be from it being stuck permanently white so long.
The phone has 9Gb used of the 16Gb. 2.5Gb of photos.

Associate
Can you try downloading an alternative camera app and try taking a few pictures on that see if the same happens? Could be a dodgy camera app, could be the camera itself or could be needing a battery replacement if it’s dropping really bad.

Back
Top Bottom