need help with windows mixed reality please

Associate
Hi all, having major issues with my acer WMR.
right let me explain what is wrong.
so i plug it in install everything (not controllers as i don't have bluetooth on my pc)
worked great at first i put project car 2 on via steam vr i was in love!
however i came off played fallout "not VR one" just the standard one. I came back on all excited. so I go to windows mixed reality app walk around with mouse and keyboard is fine, I then go into steam VR and it's putting the image under my feet.
Overclockers have been awesome and said if i wanted a refund its not a problem (if i do send back i will get the vive VR)
but before i send it back tomorrow i will ask on here how do i fix all this, it basically once i go into steam vr it is making me look like i am standing above the car and the window pane is at my feet see in image below.
https://imgur.com/a/dLWfPDa

anyone know how to solve this, like i said it is just steam vr and i don't really want to send this back. i have tried all the tutorials that i can with mouse and keyboard my mates tried to help me but i was stressing as i done a majority of the links they sent me... please let there be a VR god who can help me, many thanks Dean

Associate
Now I may be wrong, but this just looks like a camera that needs re-centering. Go into the keybinds and find the one that says 'centre VR headset'. For some reason it's unbound by default but it was the first one I set. Bind that to a handy button you can find by touch on your wheel or pad and save and go back.

Hopefully, voila. I found PC2 much better than 1 when it comes to the view needing re-centering, but it's still a button that gets quite a bit of use.

Soldato
Hi all, having major issues with my acer WMR.
right let me explain what is wrong.
so i plug it in install everything (not controllers as i don't have bluetooth on my pc)
worked great at first i put project car 2 on via steam vr i was in love!
however i came off played fallout "not VR one" just the standard one. I came back on all excited. so I go to windows mixed reality app walk around with mouse and keyboard is fine, I then go into steam VR and it's putting the image under my feet.
Overclockers have been awesome and said if i wanted a refund its not a problem (if i do send back i will get the vive VR)
but before i send it back tomorrow i will ask on here how do i fix all this, it basically once i go into steam vr it is making me look like i am standing above the car and the window pane is at my feet see in image below.
https://imgur.com/a/dLWfPDa

anyone know how to solve this, like i said it is just steam vr and i don't really want to send this back. i have tried all the tutorials that i can with mouse and keyboard my mates tried to help me but i was stressing as i done a majority of the links they sent me... please let there be a VR god who can help me, many thanks Dean

Project car 2 is a seated game. So that maybe that's the reason. https://store.steampowered.com/app/378860/Project_CARS_2/

Associate
OP
where so i find the recenter option?.
deuse that was me sitting hehehe that is why i was frustrated lol
but if i find out how to find the option to set a button in steam vr recentre that will be amazing

Associate
Controls - Edit Assignments - Camera and view- scroll down to find the 'centre VR headset button'

You can start it up in flat monitor mode, (often referred to as 'pancake' by VR users, for future reference) and do this if the view in VR is too disorientating. Then reboot through your headset.

Soldato
You ran the steam room scale setup? Click the settings on the steamVR window, the little arrow denotes it, then scale your boundaries. If you've done that, firing up anything running through steam should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom