Need help.

Associate
Hey guys I'm totally new to PC hardware issues, I was working away all fine and suddenly it had an error and shut down.

Now all I can see is these two screens showing a log and then into the BIOS utility screen. I've tried sorting my operating system stuff etc but nothings working.
The operating system is on the SSD.

I'm lost and can't upload images for some reason, any help will be massively appreciated

Soldato
Hi and welcome to the forums :)

We need a bit more info. Firstly, list the spec of your pc - cpu, ram, motherboard, power supply etc.

Secondly, are you able to get into windows or are you sent straight into the BIOS? Is the pc overclocked at all? Have you added any new hardware or updated drivers recently? Have you tried resetting the BIOS? (I'm gonna hazard a guess and say no)

Weird Windows errors and crashes can sometimes be memory related but before we start diagnosing, clarify the above for us :)

Associate
OP
CPU - Intel® Core™ i5-7500 CPU (Quad Core, 3.4GHz - 3.8GHz, 6MB Cache)

RAM -1 x Crucial 8GB DDR4 2400MHz UDIMM (1x8GB)

MOTHERBOARD - 1 x Asus H110M-R/C/SI (Socket-1151, 2x DDR4, Micro-ATX)

Graphics card - 1 x ASUS GeForce® GTX 1060 Dual OC 3GB

That's all the info I can remember can get more if needed obviously.

I'm sent straight to BIOS, it isn't overclocked and no updates were done. I was literally on media player and a website called futhead for FIFA and it just came up with the blue error page and that was that.

I'm unfortunately unsure on how to reset bios, I hope this helps? I'm a bit of a PC rookie!

Soldato
CPU - Intel® Core™ i5-7500 CPU (Quad Core, 3.4GHz - 3.8GHz, 6MB Cache)

RAM -1 x Crucial 8GB DDR4 2400MHz UDIMM (1x8GB)

MOTHERBOARD - 1 x Asus H110M-R/C/SI (Socket-1151, 2x DDR4, Micro-ATX)

Graphics card - 1 x ASUS GeForce® GTX 1060 Dual OC 3GB

That's all the info I can remember can get more if needed obviously.

I'm sent straight to BIOS, it isn't overclocked and no updates were done. I was literally on media player and a website called futhead for FIFA and it just came up with the blue error page and that was that.

I'm unfortunately unsure on how to reset bios, I hope this helps? I'm a bit of a PC rookie!

Sounds to me like your hard drive gave up and died, I've had this happen many times, mechanical hard drives sometimes give you some warning, start to click etc, ssd and m. 2 drives you get no warning, they just die.

First things first, can you still see it in the bios ? If you can the next thing would be to check the connection between the drive and motherboard / Psu, finally, try another hard drive.

How old is the ssd? as soon as I read your first post I instantly thought its the hard drive.

Associate
OP
Hey mate it's literally no more than 2/3 months old? Yes I can still see it in the bios which I thought weird if it had potentially given up? I can't try another drive either, the operating system is on the SSD, and it just loops back to bios ebios every time.

Soldato
Hey mate it's literally no more than 2/3 months old? Yes I can still see it in the bios which I thought weird if it had potentially given up? I can't try another drive either, the operating system is on the SSD, and it just loops back to bios ebios every time.

It will still be under warranty then, however before that, the ssd is broken into a few parts, you've got the controller and the flash memory, which are just chips, the controller is what holds all the info about the drive, flash memory, sector's etc etc, your bios is reading the controller in the ssd, the fault could be between that and the nand.

Do you have windows on a dvd or USB stick? Or even access to another PC

Soldato
I can relate to no disc drive as I don't have one either, grab a USB stick, I think you need a 4gb one minimum, plug it into the laptop and download the Windows 10 media creation tool, follow the instructions on screen to create a bootable USB stick.

Associate
OP
Hey mate, do I do that off the disc or find it online?

To be fair I obviously appreciate your help, bit I'll contact the company it came from and see what they suggest. Just in case as a total rookie I do something irreparable! Haha

Back
Top Bottom