need homeplug in a hurry

Associate
Need a homeplug set up in a hurry so no time to learn about it all (good makes bad makes types etc).

Want current tech that I can add to later

Please spec me a set up

Ta in advance

Soldato
I have very limited experience but have found the devolo kit quite easy to use in its basic configurations. I have bought basic 200Mbs starter kits for my Mom and she got it running in 5 minutes. I have the AV+ Wireless 500mbs kit which is more sophisticated. I have basic security set up and use the android app and PC app to set it up, which is all straight forward enough.

Soldato
bought some tp-link ones recently. they work brill, it took me longer to move the furniture out the way of the plugs that set them up.

Associate
I've got the basic 200mbs TP-Link set and it works fine. Absolutely zero configuration needed for me, just plugged them both in, connected up the ethernet cables and it was working within seconds. If possible always try and ensure they are plugged directly into the wall sockets rather than any extension leads though, made a big difference to the speeds.

Soldato
If you didn't do any configuration you'll be running with the default encryption keys. It's worth going through the simple steps to set your own keys, probably just a matter of pressing the buttons on the adapters in the correct way.

Associate
I'm running Solwise 500Mbps plugs; no problems and set up is automatic. These are more expensive than the average but I got them because the reviews seemed better.

Soldato
Hi guys was looking for some info of this can I ask what difference 200 makes v 500 for the speed? I have 19mb broadband and I am looking at moving to home plugs but 200 speed seem cheaper hem the 500 should I go for the 500 anyway?

Back
Top Bottom