Need some advice please...

Have you tried speaking to his parents? Some people can act like complete tools, but their parents don't always agree with their actions and will harass them until they sort themselves out.

I've tried phoning his home, but it doesn't receive incoming calls. I did have a mobile number he'd given to his dad, but no longer works.

Only thing I have to go by is an address. :(

Have you tried speaking to his parents? Some people can act like complete tools, but their parents don't always agree with their actions and will harass them until they sort themselves out.

is it really fair to burden them with their childs problem? i`m presuming hes an adult now?

Well his Dad is a bit of a dodgy guy, del-boy type.

I'll be phoning the companies regarding the bills on monday and ask them to forward a letter to his address for each bill. See if that makes him panic.

If not I guess me and my other two housemates will just have to take whatever we need from his deposit.

Well his Dad is a bit of a dodgy guy, del-boy type.

I'll be phoning the companies regarding the bills on monday and ask them to forward a letter to his address for each bill. See if that makes him panic.

If not I guess me and my other two housemates will just have to take whatever we need from his deposit.

i thinks all you can do really :(

Definitely pay the bill as soon as you can. Then do as you suggested with the deposit. Keep whatever he's meant to be paying then return the rest. Hope that goes well for you!

Quick update:

He's paid all the bills that were outsanding.

One more problem though... It appears when I tried to give the final meter readings to Southern Electric / Gas that we're no longer with them, and that the account was transferred to British Gas.

This was done by one of my housemates, the one in this thread who didn't pay any bills of his bills.

I'm guessing (and hoping) that when he signed the utilities over to British Gas, ONLY his name will be on the bills for Gas / Electric?

There's no way he could have put our names on the bills is there?

Its just I can't be arsed to do any more chasing around, I'd rather let British Gas hunt him down if its just his name on the bill.

Back
Top Bottom