Need some help with choosing SSD and the case

Associate
I am in progress of building my new PC. At this moment it looks like this:

My monitor - Acer GN246HL

I am still thinking about SSD and the case. I don't really need more then ~120gb when it comes to the SSD, although if anyone can commend me any bigger one at a good price, then I will surely consider it.

I don't need any fancy case. Just a solid black box with a decent look. I would be grateful for any advices when it comes to it.

PS Have any of you heard about any discounts for Windows 10 (Home)? I've seen a few good offers (like component+Windows as a package at a good price) a few months back, but i do not see any of these lately.

Last edited:
Soldato
This XFX PSU is made by Seasonic and will save you a few quid. Case is cheap but very serviceable and the SSD is good enough for your needs and not that much more than a 120gb drive.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £162.59
(includes shipping: £11.70)

tnx

tnx

Associate
I have a machine built up using that case.
It is a nice well built cheap case. It doesn't feel cheap though and gives quite good cable management too. Easy access to the HDD's.
I have just measured my Gigabyte R9 280X and it would fit nicely in this case. So your chosen GPU has
H=40 L=278 W=114 mm

Which fits nicely. And i believe the middle cage can be removed to fit the bigger GPU's also.

The complete black cables of the suggested PSU would look very nice in this case but maybe think of a semi/fully modular one.

there is this one but I have had no dealings with this name so not 100% sure
Maybe somebody else can say they are good or not.

Total: £52.99
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Perhaps a slightly dearer one would be better, depends on your budget.

Associate
OP
Before reading your replies i came up with this:

Total: £958.10
(includes shipping: £13.20)

I took a bigger SSD and a good-silent (At least that's how it was described to me) case.

None of you wrote it directly, but it seems that my PSU isn't really recommended by you. Is it because of price/quality or is there other reason?

Soldato
The PSU is made by Seasonic, a top-tier OEM but it's at least a 7 year old design. The XFX is also made by Seasonic (they make PSUs for a number of companies) so why not save a few quid?

Soldato
Soldato
Does it look better now? When it comes to the case - I simply like the way it looks :D

I would stick with your original choice of psu if it fits in your budget or go with one of the Corsair units below. You should be fine with a 450W psu for that build, but if you want a bit more headroom go with 550W.

Total: £118.44
(includes shipping: £10.50)

Back
Top Bottom