Need Super Ultrawide Help

Soldato
Right.

Covid happened. I now do a lot of work from home. I need something great for office use - but also for gaming one or two nights a week.

Initially I bought a pair of Hannspree hg324qjb monitors. They are actually surprisingly good, but I saw a good offer on the Dell S2721DGF monitors, and swapped them for a trio of those.

The dell monitors were great, but two arrived damaged. Dell ended up giving me a full refund as they couldn't source replacements for over a month.

So I now need a new plan, and I think I'd prefer to get a single Super ultrawide monitor, sort of 40"+

All of these previous monitors have been 1440p. I have been seriously considering the Asus ROG Strix XG43VQ, but I'm a bit sad it isn't 1440p, and thats going to lose me a decent amount of vertical real estate. Sadly I do quite a bit of spreadsheet work.

I had considered the Samsung G9 49", but I'm not convinced I can justify spending a grand again. I think ideally I want to be Sub £800 all in, but if it is really worth it, I will spend more.

I would prefer IPS, HDR, curved screen, high refresh rate, and 1440p.

I'll be connecting:

M1 MBA, the Desktop PC with an 5700XT, and a MBP 2020 i5 ... all of these should be able to drive big displays... The 5700XT will get swapped out with a 6800XT as soon as this stock madness calms down.

Thoughts? Ideally personal recommendations opposed to 'I've read a review' ....

Soldato
OP
Glad you like it Con, enjoy!! :cool:

3080/6800XT would pair well with it...

Thats my plan, swap my 3900X for a 5900X and then get a 6800XT to take over from my 5700XT. Just need to wait for this stupidity on prices to calm down !

Is there any software to manage the windows? I've seen people managing to snap them to "27 inch 1440p Equivalent" with some software, but I can't work out what it is.

Soldato
OP
If this had 240hz I would jump on it in a heartbeat... Im really hoping that the successor to this has the 240hz instead of 120hz, and also better HDR performance... If it does, thats my dream one

I've had it for a few weeks now, its superb.

What exactly do you think 240hz would offer you in real terms? I'm finding 120hz fantastic - I had 3 of those Dell 27 165hz screens before this..

Back
Top Bottom