Need to export data off PST to Excel ?

Soldato
Hi,

I need a program that will let me export all the data off a clients PST file, including all custom fields etc and export them into a Excel or just a CSV.

Anyone know of such a util

cheers

Actually, you can back up your Oulook Contacts to a .pst file, should you so desire.

Can you not import the PST file to a separate contacts list, then export it as a CSV or XLS file?

The PST is a file created by a client, he exorted his Outlook contacts which include quite a few custom fields.

I need to export all this info contained in the PST file into excel so that I can cleanse the data ready for it being imported into a system I am building for them

Ok, here's what to do:

Open up your copy of Outlook (if you don't have one, we could have a problem here)

Create a new folder, of type: Contacts. Call it ClientContacts or something.

Click into it.

Click File, Import and Export, Import from another program or file, Personal folder File (.pst).

Locate the PST file.

Select the Contacts list in the menu and check the "Import items into current folder" button.

Then click Finish..

Then Export the ClientContacts folder as an excel spreadsheet or CSV file.

Et voila!

you can do that your right, but if you have added any custom fields on the contact then it doesent bring them across this way, oh well, guess ill have to keep looking for some software

Back
Top Bottom