Need to put weight back on - Advice

Associate
What's wrong with your current weight?
I'm 6'1" and 11.5 stone. If you deliberately go much higher than that without building muscle in some way then surely you're just putting on needless fat?

Soldato
And I haven't been doing that for the last two years? :confused:

Doctors are a bunch of useless **** who would rather pump you full of medication and send you on your way :o.

Spot on!, you've given me far more useful advice than some highly payed doctor who thinks pantoprazole solves everything

Then I suggest you change your doctor. I have to say my doctor resorts to meds last, she is great at educating me particularly regarding diet.

Associate
I suggest you get yourself on a good 'hard gainers' diet, but speaking from personal experience stay away from the so called weight gainer shakes, 99% of them are just sugars. better to get yourself on the whey protein, there's many out there so have a good look around www.wheyreviews.co.uk Yes you could go and see you doc but basically it's just commen sense, get to know about healthy fats. As I said do a search for hard gainers diet, and stay away from weight gainer shakes, most, not all, are pile of ****.
Good luck any way fella

Please fully star out any swearing in future. Thank you.

Soldato
http://banzuke.com/chanko-nabe/

But seriously, I think aiming for 13st at your height and not being an athlete/bodybuilder should not be your goal. However, myprotein.com sell so many different sourced types of protein powders you should find something there that won't disagree with you - soy, pea, hemp, goat.

Permabanned
If I was 13 stone at 5'9, I'd probably end up with a 45 inch gut.

No mass will stay on my arms, face or chest. I dont need BMI figures to show that going over 11.5 is bad, I can easilly see that it is.

As clueless as I also find doctors to be, 5'9 and 13 stone simply from food based weight gain without body building would be a terrible idea. Anywhere over 12 stone is too much for 5'9.

Soldato
People are different, as you say yourself you put weight on your gut and not in other places. Two different people with the same weight can look totally different, one may look normal and the other may look overweight, even with the same kind of muscle mass.

I suspect that neil felt most comfortable when he was 13 stone, thats all, it's just somewhere in his past that he felt and looked good.

I'm an inch shorter than him at 11 and a half stone, but im not fat, 32 inch waist etc. But I would love to be 13 stone again like I was in the past before a couple of phyiscal mishaps. Damn, I would look fanbleedingtastic again with that stone and a halfs worth of what admitidally was pure muscle back on me.

Permabanned
People are different, as you say yourself you put weight on your gut and not in other places. Two different people with the same weight can look totally different, one may look normal and the other may look overweight, even with the same kind of muscle mass.

I suspect that neil felt most comfortable when he was 13 stone, thats all, it's just somewhere in his past that he felt and looked good.

I'm an inch shorter than him at 11 and a half stone, but im not fat, 32 inch waist etc. But I would love to be 13 stone again like I was in the past before a couple of phyiscal mishaps. Damn, I would look fanbleedingtastic again with that stone and a halfs worth of what admitidally was pure muscle back on me.

Just putting weight on via eating more and gaining needless fat is bad for you, regardless of where it goes.

Associate
burgerWENN_450x497.jpg

Back
Top Bottom