Neff dishwasher e:24 error

Associate
Hi,

I get e:24 error on my Neff (S41T69N0UK) washing machine which indicates it’s a drainage problem. I have checked filters opened machine to check for blockages , checked drain hose and changed drain pump.

problem still persists funny enough it looks like the machine doesn’t even fill with water.

Associate
Brand new? I had it on a new machine and the manufacturer had put a cap over the pipe intake for transportation - I'd event sent one back that had the same issue until I looked closer...DOH!

Man of Honour
I had fun and games with E24/E15/Check Water error codes on my Bosch (very similar/identical designs to Neff) and in my looking I found someone talking about the flood protection float being stuck, make sure it isn't that. It kept failing at the water fill stage but telling me off about drainage.

My specific issue ended up being a blockage inside the tank (around some sort of floating rubber piece) on the left hand side of the unit. I had to take it off and flush the entire thing repeatedly to clear the blockage.

Soldato
If you have a hosepipe I would feed it into the drainage hose and do a reverse flush to see if it can dislodge debris that may have gotten stuck.

I did this with my Neff with no success. As it was built in I didn't fancy the hassle of pullling it out, resigned myself to having to call someone out and slammed the door shut really hard in frustration, which did the trick and its been fine since. Not suggesting you do this though :D

Man of Honour
If its like my neff they use a flow meter so count the water coming in rather than a pressure switch which measure water height. They run the drain pump for a set time period for each drain.

The flow meter is located on the side tank and quite easy to change
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353048422684

Giving this a whack while the flow is running can also dislodge the meter if it's stuck.

Soldato
I think so I hear the drain pump running does this for a few attempts and then after 5-8 mins gives up with E:24 error

If you take out the covers at the bottom and get all the water out you can put your hand in the hole. You should be able to feel a tab on the side of the hole closest to you. Pull this up and out and a plastic t piece with a round hole will come out. In here is the impellor which likely has a small block. Give it a bit of a prod and poke with your finger and then replace the t piece and the cover and round filter. Then give it another go. It may not work first time but try a few times and you should eventually dislodge whatever is causing the issue.

Associate
OP
If you take out the covers at the bottom and get all the water out you can put your hand in the hole. You should be able to feel a tab on the side of the hole closest to you. Pull this up and out and a plastic t piece with a round hole will come out. In here is the impellor which likely has a small block. Give it a bit of a prod and poke with your finger and then replace the t piece and the cover and round filter. Then give it another go. It may not work first time but try a few times and you should eventually dislodge whatever is causing the issue.

yeah that’s the drain pump I even changed it to make sure it’s not the issue. Generally the machine is very clean we always prerise the dishes before placing them in the washing machine.

Associate
OP
If its like my neff they use a flow meter so count the water coming in rather than a pressure switch which measure water height. They run the drain pump for a set time period for each drain.

Wow I tested this and it’s closed circuit when it’s meant to be open. I removed it completely and the machine started filling with water. Obviously I switched it off immediately before it floods.

Now ordered a new one so hopefully this solves the issue.

Associate
OP

It turned out to be the flow meter changed and now it’s all sorted.

Just wanted to say many thanks for the suggestion saved me a packet in call out charges. I would never had guessed it was this part.

Back
Top Bottom