Neighbours dog

Soldato
When I was in that situation a little while ago the RSPCA inspector came out but said there was nothing he could do for THREE days and he couldn't break in without a police officer.

The poor dog was going beserk inside, but luckily there was an open window and a neighbour was able to feed and water the dog through the window so it wasn't an 'emergency'.

The RSPCA guy put sellotape over both the front and back door so he could see discreetly if they had been opened....luckily the owners came back before the three days were up.

If there are no open windows though it's a serious situation...contact the RSPCA asap to get the ball rolling, ask a few neighbours if they have seen the people in the last day or so, maybe scout round the house looking for any open windows etc. Try looking through the windows to see if you can see anything - if you talk to the other neighbours first and get them involved if possible you won't get nicked if anyone sees you scouting round the building!

Good for you for being concerned, I hope you can get it sorted, keep us posted!

Associate
OP
The neighbours returned in the end, pretty late, but they hadn't gone on holiday. Turns out they've only had the dog a couple of days and it was just a bit upset at being alone, but all is well now. The dog's cool also :D

Associate
Semi-automatics and pump-actions must have a magazine capacity of no more than two shots: this has be a permanent restriction, verified by either the London or Birmingham Proof Houses.

Depends whether or not it's being held on a shotgun license or a S1 license...

On topic, call the RSPCA/police non-emergency number.

Soldato
I've got a thread on here about my neighbours dog.
The RSPCA came round 3 days after the call, looked over the fence and said that it was well fed and then buggered off.

In a previous house, the neighbours had 2 dogs which barked at all times of day and night. During fireworks season, they were going mad at every sound. RSPCA said exactly the same thing; if they're fed, given adequate water and sheltered then there is little they can do.

The only real course of action for this type of prolonged noise nuisance is involving the Environmental Health and that can take months before a result.

Back
Top Bottom