Neil Lennon attacked by fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Why has Scottish football become such a powderkeg all of a sudden? Obviously I know the Rangers/Celtic rivalry has always been fairly toxic (moreso lately than I can remember) but now seems even the other teams fans are getting involved and something is kicking off in grounds or comments in the media every week.

Certainlly seems since Neil Lennon became Celtic manager a lot of this has started, whether thats his fault or not I've not really followed Scottish football enough to say tbh.

Soldato
oh and btw he wasnt the only one getting them, lawyer and a judge i think got them as well, because they were celtic fans.

he also got bullets in the post, and some young adults took a gun to celtics training ground a couple of days ago too.

i think paddy mc court also got bullets in the post too.

celtics players and management have been physically and mentally harassed all season.

Yeah, heard loads about it, but never quite caught how it all came about.

Caporegime
And I answered him as to why its happening. Its ridiculous of course, but that is why it is happening, why you suggest I think its okay from my answer I dont know.

Im anti bigot, anti old firm, both are insidious institutions of hatred along with their fans.

you basically said his complaining has caused it all. and you disagree with his complaints.

therefore you send bombs to people who complain or people you disagree with?

the reason why is because he is catholic. he got death threats when he joined celtic saying if he ever put a northern ireland shirt on again, him and his family would be murdered. etc, etc.

well before he started complaining and well before he was celtic manager.

Soldato
And I answered him as to why its happening. Its ridiculous of course, but that is why it is happening, why you suggest I think its okay from my answer I dont know.

Im anti bigot, anti old firm, both are insidious institutions of hatred along with their fans.

I wouldn't tar all fans on both sides quite like that, my dad is one after all! But I do find it dreadful that fans dont' simply abandon clubs who have done very little to get away from this sort of bigotted rubbish. They claim otherwise but both boards and management are just as bad as the worst fans, only behind closed doors. Anyone with company seats at either club will have seen or heard bigots in the restaurants after matches and wont' have said a thing as it's simply accepted.

Proper football fans would simply walk away from the clubs, until they get this mess sorted out both Rangers and Celtic should be restricted to home league/cup matches. It'll only be tackled seriously and genuinely by both clubs when it's hitting them in the wallet. Until then they'll have managers like Lennon and soon, Mccoist who aren't any better than the bigot fans.

These aren't by a long way the only clubs in Scotland with this problem, but they are the two biggest ones by a long way.

Soldato
you basically said his complaining has caused it all. and you disagree with his complaints.

therefore you send bombs to people who complain or people you disagree with?

the reason why is because he is catholic. he got death threats when he joined celtic saying if he ever put a northern ireland shirt on again, him and his family would be murdered. etc, etc.

well before he started complaining and well before he was celtic manager.

You're an idiot and it's difficult to reason with idiots. He clearly said nothing of the sort. At no point did he say that sending bombs is a reasonable response. It's true Lennon has whipped up the bigots on both sides of the fence, he's such a divisive character.

Permabanned
It's Psycho Sonny, he talks rubbish at the best of times let alone when he doesn't understand something.

Caporegime
You're an idiot and it's difficult to reason with idiots. He clearly said nothing of the sort. At no point did he say that sending bombs is a reasonable response. It's true Lennon has whipped up the bigots on both sides of the fence, he's such a divisive character.

lol - i thought i told you to get some binoculars, have you even been reading my posts?

Associate
This thread isn't gonna last much longer.

To sum up, no matter what your feelings about the man, there is absolutely no excuse for what happened at the football tonight. Embarrassing and shameful behavior. Im just glad the season is nearly at an end and hopefully the summer break can bring some sort of end to the events of the last few months.

Soldato
To sum up, no matter what your feelings about the man, there is absolutely no excuse for what happened at the football tonight. Embarrassing and shameful behavior. Im just glad the season is nearly at an end and hopefully the summer break can bring some sort of end to the events of the last few months.

Agreed, sadly this season has been one long embarrassment after another for the SPL so will be glad when it ends on Sunday. I doubt Lennon will stay at the end of the season as no-one should have to take the amount of abuse he gets.

Associate

Rubbish - true Lennon was an aggressive player and is an equally aggressive manager, but the hate that is directed to him - comes from bitter and bigoted hooligans.

The fact that you seem to be trying to justify the actions of this "fan" - seems a little crazy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom