Neil Lennon attacked by fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Oddly decent Youtube comment:

Unconfirmed reports emerging from Tynecastle that Neil Lennon's attacker was his long-suffering postman.
:D

If you look at the replays again, you'll see the chav picks the one moment when two police officers were walking towards the pitch in the tunnel to attack Lennon right in front of them. Genius timing.

Last edited:
Associate
He's always had threats as a player, being cathloic and playing for N Irl he had threats. It's nothing new, but obviously being the manager at celtic and being in the public eye even more so offends these people more somehow and make them behave in such idiotic and dangerous ways.

Permabanned
what is all this - why was neil lennon getting mail bombs and death threats - can someone explain it in about 1 sentence?

Proddy's don't like Catholics and vice versa, Lennon is a Northern Irish Catholic and was targeted by Proddy's when playing for NI and Celtic, he then became manager of Celtic and the whole thing continued.

Hearts (Proddy club) and Hibernian (Catholics) dislike eachother as well but not with the same ferocity, tonight Heart were playing Celtic hence the Hearts fan attacking Lennon.

2, sue me.

Soldato
OP
what is all this - why was neil lennon getting mail bombs and death threats - can someone explain it in about 1 sentence?

He's created a bit of a siege mentality, complaining that everybody is anti Celtic, referees, SPL chiefs, other teams managers are going easy on Rangers, he basically runs his mouth off all the time about how hard done to Celtic have been in their history.

Unfortunately its all in his head and there is no conspiracy, if there was, it wouldnt be against either of the teams that have about 50 titles each otherwise it would be a pretty poor conspiracy.

He's been great for whipping up the bigots on both side of the fence.

Caporegime

oh and btw he wasnt the only one getting them, lawyer and a judge i think got them as well, because they were celtic fans.

he also got bullets in the post, and some young adults took a gun to celtics training ground a couple of days ago too.

i think paddy mc court also got bullets in the post too.

celtics players and management have been physically and mentally harassed all season.

Soldato
It goes beyond religion. I know plenty people, myself included, who couldn't give a toss about religion and don't even support either of the Old Firm, but find Lennon insufferable.

Caporegime
He's created a bit of a siege mentality, complaining that everybody is anti Celtic, referees, SPL chiefs, other teams managers are going easy on Rangers, he basically runs his mouth off all the time about how hard done to Celtic have been in their history.

Unfortunately its all in his head and there is no conspiracy, if there was, it wouldnt be against either of the teams that have about 50 titles each otherwise it would be a pretty poor conspiracy.

He's been great for whipping up the bigots on both side of the fence.

wtf?

seriously? i take it you send explosives to anybody you disagree with?

Permabanned
It goes beyond religion. I know plenty people, myself included, who couldn't give a toss about religion and don't even support either of the Old Firm, but find Lennon insufferable.

Oh me too, I couldn't care less what religion he is, I just don't like the bloke.

Soldato
Proddy's don't like Catholics and vice versa, Lennon is a Northern Irish Catholic and was targeted by Proddy's when playing for NI and Celtic, he then became manager of Celtic and the whole thing continued.

Hearts (Proddy club) and Hibernian (Catholics) dislike eachother as well but not with the same ferocity, tonight Heart were playing Celtic hence the Hearts fan attacking Lennon.

2, sue me.

ok, that about clears it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom