nemesis gts

Associate
im trying to choose between a magicool g2 or blackice gts i will be running 2 x 360 rads plus cpu block and gpu block and i need slim rads for my case .the gts is slightly better i believe in cooling but a lot more restrictive i will be using a d5 pump so wondering if i will have a problem

Associate
It depends what you mean by a restriction, your loop will only flow as well as your biggest restriction which will always be the waterblocks, radiators in effect add no restrictions to a loop, well nothing you could tangibly measure.

As for which radiator to choose and my own experience of magicool/ blackice radiators is that the blackice radiator will be superior in every way.

Associate
I use 2 x Black ice Nemesis rads (240mm & 280mm) with a GPU/CPU block and a few angled fittings and have no flow issues using a SPC DDC. My fans are silent at 900 ish RPM and getting excellent temps

Associate
Using a single 420GTS here with a DDC pump and two blocks - it's not really that restrictive compared to the blocks, and my pump has no problem inducing a sizeable vortex in my res when at full speed. My fans are typically in the 600-900rpm range with max CPU & GPU (hot spot) temps under 66°C, even after long benchmarking sessions (OC Vega64 and OC R7).

While a D5 has a lower pressure capability than DDC, I don't think the GTS rads would be a problem; in the worst case you'll just be running the pump at a slightly higher rpm than if you'd used a DDC. The D5 is meant to be quieter though, so I think it evens out.

Back
Top Bottom