1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Burning Rom 6 alternative

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Midlife Crisis, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Midlife Crisis

Wise Guy

I just discovered my old faithful nero6 don't work at all on Windows 7. I am looking for a program with similar functions as Nero without having to pay £50 for the privilege. Nero allowed you to edit every individual wav file to edit out a long pause in a track or fade in/out a track. Very useful when making a compilation cd. Any programs I should try?

2. hanluc

Mobster

I've used CDBurnerXP for years now which is free, I'm not sure whether it has all the features you're used to, for WAV editing I use Audacity which is also free.

3. EYEREX

Wise Guy

4. KIA

Man of Honour

You can get the latest edition of Burning ROM for £25 or so. You have to supply your email address before you download the trial version in order to get the voucher.

5. zola25

Wise Guy

Another vote for CDBurnerXP

6. darael

Mobster

Also another vote for CDBurnerXP. Failing that, what about a portable version of Nero?

7. BinnsY

Wise Guy

Pretty sure it works in compatibility mode as I still have it on my install of 7?

8. Midlife Crisis

Wise Guy

It installed on my W7 with a warning that it was not compatible , but fails to start. Did a search and people have had mixed results, I may do a install of XP
    on an old PC I have laying about but that is a lot of bother, CDburnerxp works well but does not have the features that Nero has. Will have a look at the Ashampoo software.
    Thanks

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  9. Elevon

Mobster

Another vote for Ashampoo,btw I just got an email from Ashampoo for an offer of £5.59 on full version Ashampoo Burning Studio 14,at that price I had to buy it :D .

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  10. KIA

Man of Honour

What's missing?

11. Mik3

Mobster

12. Midlife Crisis

Wise Guy

What is missing is the function where you can import a track or tracks from a cd and change how long it is by fading it out a few seconds early, or fade a track in to miss out a rubbish intro, etc. I once edited out all the chatter in between tracks on the album Songs For The Deaf by Queens Of The Stone Age, [if you are familiar with that cd you will know what I mean]. There is nothing wrong with Cdburnerxp but It lacks this function.

13. darael

Mobster

Why not edit the tracks with Audacity?

14. Philtor

Soldato

As mentioned Ashampoo is excellent. Been using it for a few years now after Nero become a bloated mess.

15. Jakus

Mobster

Real shame after Nero 6 it has become just bloated rubbish.

If I need Nero I boot up an older OS, wasted ages with chopped,hacked versions etc all were rubbish...Why can't they just sell a simple lightweight version before CD/DVD's are totally extinct ?

16. Midlife Crisis

Wise Guy

Audacity would be perfect if the audio was already ripped to hard drive, but it is not and nero 6 was an all in one job done sort of program

17. Midlife Crisis

Wise Guy

Windows XP is going to ride again