Nerw Car Time , some help?

Soldato
New Car Time , some help?

I bought my 307 just over 6 months ago from a dealer i think i paid slightly over the odds for it considering it wasnt in amazing condition (curbed alloys etc , not overly bad but still)

Its a 2003 52 Plate 2.0XSI with 27k miles on it now
£8200 is what i paid for it and today

i think ill be lucky to get about 6k selling it privately.

I am thinking its a good idea to get shot of it as i have had allot of problems which where all done under warranty but without the warranty i can see some Big bills in the near future.

In the 6 months i have had it i have had the following done.
Hydraulic tappets replaced.
4 New Suspension bushes
Drop link replaced
2 different sensors changed
a Fault in the ignition fixed
2 new brake callipers.

So i think its time to get rid.

What do you think would be a good replacement.

My budget is about £8K-9K.

Currently looking at a Honda civic sport

Last edited:
Associate
I had a civic sport, and in the 8 months I had it all I had to do was put petrol in it and have it serviced once (£120 I think it was). While it won't be faster than your 307 (only a 110bhp 1.6) it sounds like it will be far more reliable and was pretty nice to drive. Hasn't got a lot of features in it, seats were pretty comfy, had climate control and was economical (combination of booting it and cruising was about 35mpg, long motorway cruises I got about 42mpg in the middle of the summer with a/c on constantly, people without a trained eye will think it's a type-r too (despite it blatently not being). So if you want something more reliable than your peugeot it definately will be, faster or as fast though it won't be.

Soldato
OP
I would prefer 3 doors this time but to be honest it doesn’t really matter.

Performance wise i don’t want to go to mad due to insurance i think the price of the current car would be about my max maybe a little bit more. The 307 is a group 11 which costs me about £1150 to insure.

What do you lot think of the Leons , what models of leans should i look at?

To be honest as long as its not very small like a 206,fiesta,clio i will be intrested size wise. I have also not ruled out things like 2 seaters if insurance will allow.

Back
Top Bottom