Netflix here we go again.

Soldato
So Netflix have failed to learn from the lesson that jacking up prices is bad, when they bumped the cost to £15 a month, they lost hundreds of thousands if not millions of subscribers.

They are now trialling a new charge, an additional £2.50 for shared accounts. Suffice to say I see an even greater loss in subscriber numbers if this happens.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Part of the problem with many of these services is they expect endless growth, but that just isn't possible and when the subscriber numbers start to drop, they look for other ways to increase revenue and this almost always means something negative for the existing members.

Just like many aspects of a business, once they see a slow down, the bureaucrats start to take over with endless targets and goals that just end up being detrimental to the customer or business.

Soldato
OP
The issue now is that there are so many streaming platforms with content spread across all of them, that many people are reverting to "old ways" because having to subscribe to a dozen different services is basically a pain in the backside. If it were only one service that would be fine, two ehh maybe still ok, but when its multiples its just annoying.

As with the blockbuster days, if you wanted to rent a movie, you went to one place. When I look at the things I'm watching currently they require Prime, Netflix, Hulu, HBO+, Paramount+, Disney+ and AppleTV which is a pretty chunky bill every month.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom