Netflix UHD

Man of Honour
Last time I looked into it actually being able to see the content to access it and having a compatible setup that could actually play it was a bit of a pain :s

I dunno why places make such a meal of accessing UHD when it could be a major selling point.

Caporegime
You sure you aren't thinking of Amazon?

Netflix you just select the show and it plays in the best version available. They have many shows that support 4k, HDR and Dolby Vision.

At least that is my experience of the LG B6 TV app.

Soldato
Same here Netflix is easy you pick the title and depending on the device it plays the best version, on my OLED I'll get Dolby Vision if the program is supported etc, on the normal 4K it's just UHD.

Amazon however you need to drill down to the 4k section to be able to watch it in 4k as it only plays the version you select.

Caporegime
Yeah it's pretty decent. Almost every show I watch on there is 4K HDR and they look stunning. Altered Carbon is definitely worth a watch for its visuals.

Soldato
Sky has more 4k/sdr films though than netflix (recent hifi section discussion) and maybe, apple@4k/hdr>netflix;
so it depends on what content you prioritize ... and paying the high entry costs to sky&apple, vs monthly payg

Associate
Yeah some good content, actually getting netflix to play it in 4k has been a nightmare in my experience though...

even on a 90mb/s connection ive only ever actually got it to stream 4k once or twice in the last year

Caporegime
Really? Best i can get is 40Mb Fibre Broadband and it generally ramps up to 4K within about 30 seconds of starting...

The only time it doesn't is if I start the B6 app whilst something is being downloaded and taking up all my bandwidth.

It happened last night, I forgot Steam was downloading a game and went to watch Daredevil Season 3. Could see it was clearly in 480p, so pressed the info button and it didn't change even after pausing the steam download.

I had to exit the app, shut it down properly and re-start whilst nothing was downloading and 4k started almost immediately.

Man of Honour
You sure you aren't thinking of Amazon?

Netflix you just select the show and it plays in the best version available. They have many shows that support 4k, HDR and Dolby Vision.

At least that is my experience of the LG B6 TV app.

I was generalising a bit as the 4K provisioning across streaming sites isn't great in general but even with Netflix it depends a bit on the device(s) you are using - some can jump into 4K fine others you have to mess about a bit even if they are "supported" to get the setup to see 4K as available - though maybe that has changed as I gave up bothering.

Associate
I don't recall ever being that impressed with something that i thought wow this 4k is awesome.It looked just like HD. (I have 100MB connection and a 4k sub!!!)

Associate
im have an older av receiver, so I can not use the amazon fire tv to play 4k, luckily the Netflix and amazon prime apps can be install on the tv so I watch 4k via the app on the tv. I had no problem watching 4k only thing you need to be aware of is Netflix as some show that are 4k but don't use dolby vision or trigger the hdr, so even thought you watching it in 4k you won't get the logo popping up in the top right of your screen saying HDR, Dolby Vision etc.

Soldato
Netflix labelling of titles is slightly confusing.

You have ultra HD 4K - which appears to be just a 4K res with no dv or hdr
And Dolby vision - But that doesn’t actually state if it’s in 4K . As Star Trek discovery is dv but not 4K.

They need to redo the menus.

Back
Top Bottom