Netgear 834G firmware kills DSL

Soldato
I've upgraded to DSL MAX so thought I'd update my router's firmware to see if they've improved the modem driver. The problem I have with the latest version though is that it just refuses to sync the line at all. The original firmware's fine though. Anyone else found this?

Ona side note I seem to remember there being hacked firmwares floating around for the netgear routers, did I dream that?

Cheers :)

Soldato
I think I used to use a hacked firmware on my 834G, I think it came from the Netgear forums - which aren't there anymore are they :rolleyes:

I'll have a look around my hard drive and see what i can find ;)

SW.

Associate
I'm using firmware version V3.01.25 and i can't fault it, i've always synched at 8128 kbps no problems. Just to point out im still using version 1 of this router.

Associate
Ol!ver said:
I'm using V2, so don't know if it makes a difference.

I've had problems with Netgear firmware for my DG832Gv2 too.

When i bought my router I immediately upgraded to what was then the latest firmware version 2.10.09 (beta). That has served me well for the past year
and a half.

Recently I saw a thread on this forum about Netgear firmware which reminded me to update my own. I downloaded the latest 3.01.25 from the Netgear site but after doing so my line kept losing sync randomly and fairly frequently. I decided to try the other recommended firmware 2.10.22 but found the problems persisted.

I then rolled back to my dated, but trusty 2.10.09 firmware and the disconnections and loss of sync stopped immediately. Personally I'm going to stick with this but just FYI there are two beta versions of Netgear firmware floating around at the moment:

3.01.29 - which was scheduled for release but then pulled due to "issues in testing in the UK" whatever that means?
3.01.31 - currently in beta and supposedly available from Netgear support on request though it has known firewall bugs that open some ports by default, so perhaps best staying away from this one.

Last edited:
Soldato
sam.wheale said:
I'll have a look around my hard drive and see what i can find ;)
I found my unofficial V3.01.25 firmware that always served me well - I remember being recommended it on the Netgear forums before they were closed down :(

I think its French? It doesn't effect the language of the firmware though :p

Or it's attitude...

Drop me a line at [email protected] if you’re interested, and I can send it over! I think it's about 3.5 MB.

Cheers,

SW.

Back
Top Bottom