Netgear DG834G bridging

Soldato
I have a Netgear DG834G modem/router which i want to use as a bridge as the router/modem that my isp has given range is very low. I have tried unsuccessfully to use the DG834G as the primary modem, but it doesn't want to work. Does anyone know how I would use the Netgear as a Bridge what the settings etc i would use. BTW I would connect the DG834 to the ISP modem via network cable if that makes any difference. Disabling the wireless connectivity of the ISP modem and use the DG834G's wireless connectivity for wireless devices to connect to.
Thanks in advance guys :)

Soldato
Perfectly possible, it's fine to run as an AP off your exisitng router but would it not be better to get to the bottom of why the 834 isn't working as your primary modem ? What ISP are you using ?

Associate
Did this a while ago for our student house. We connected a DG834G to a speedtouch 546 with a patch cable then disabled the DHCP on the netgear and assigned it a static IP within the range that the other router assigned so that we could still access it. All works fine.

In case you wonder why we went to all that trouble, the speedtouch was syncing at a much higher speed.

Back
Top Bottom