networking printer problem

Associate
HELP networking printer problem

I have just set up 4 pcs on a network, everything works fine but when i go to print using 1 of the other pc's it does not print.
if i print on the pc the printer is setup on, it prints fine. i have used the add printer wizard on every other pc and it show's that the printer is there, but it just wont print.
printer i use is a usb epson d88

any ideas

Last edited:
Associate
OP
still having problems here, when i tryed to print i got a pop up saying ip conflict,
I have checked the ip address's using "run" command" then ip config, and the ip's are all the same

help

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

okey said:
still having problems here, when i tryed to print i got a pop up saying ip conflict,
I have checked the ip address's using "run" command" then ip config, and the ip's are all the same

help

Change the ips?... are the computers running static ip addresses or from a dhcp server??

Caporegime
okey said:

help

thats the problem

all the PCs need to have different IPs in a network

otherwise you get conflicts like this and nothing works :)

you then add a network printer and point the network printer to PC1. But the PCs themselves all need different IPs

Associate
OP
they are all running from a dhcp server. now i need a bit of help from u guys for setting up a satic ip

Associate
OP
sorry it is static, force 9 internet provider.

and all i have done is set up 4 pc's using a netgear dg834 router, so all i did was to use the wizard for the netgear router on the main pc, then used the windows homenetworking wizard to set up oher pc's, internet and file sharing works fine.
hope i have supplyed enough info for you.

Associate
OP
guys i sorted my problem out, i set each pc up with its own ip address in the tcp/ip alternate settings. prints out now, but a bit slow talking to the printer, takes about half a minute to kick the printer in, does that sound right?

adsl dg834 wirless router: main tel line into that, 1 cable going to 1 pc from the dg834 router, then 1 cable going to a 6 port switch from the dg834, then all the other pc's connected up to the 6 port switch, the printer is on one of the outputs of the 6 port switch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom