New addition to Stelly's House....

Associate
We have a rotty/alsation. Amazing dog, we had her from a young age and taught her well. When she's out on walks she's never more than 5 metres infront or behind. Teach them well, and they are amazing dogs!

Don
OP
Thanks for the messages guys, she goes to bed ok, but I'm having trouble trying to get her to stay in the kitchen when we both go to work, but I guess I will get there, the first few nights I couldnt get her to stay in her bed at night, but she does now...

Stelly

Don
OP
Looks a bright dog to me but over weight, I'm sure now you have her & with a regular diet & exercise she will be as she should in no time.
Kudos to you for taking on an older dog. :cool:
With the right Master Rottys make Brilliant pets, My mates is the most chilled disciplined big dog I've ever met.

Hey Malc,

I took her to the vets today and she told me that she is an ideal weight, but she was never walked, so I guess that she might be a little tubby, we take her out twice a day slowly building her up to longer and longer walks but she is right lazy!

Stelly

Soldato
I'll join in, here's the thrilling new addition to the Skyfall household:

799253908.jpg

We call him fridgey.

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Hey Malc,

I took her to the vets today and she told me that she is an ideal weight, but she was never walked, so I guess that she might be a little tubby, we take her out twice a day slowly building her up to longer and longer walks but she is right lazy!

Stelly

That is typical with older dogs that have been re homed, Previous owners were crap basically which makes it even better that you now have her.
I'd walk her a combination of road work & soft ground such as a Plowed field. Plowed fields are great for working your dog properly as the loose ground makes them work harder & good road work will get her cut properly.

I will add though that I didn't mean she was Tubby at all just Loose, At her age she should be well cut & about to reach her Prime. :cool:
I am damn fussy when it comes to my dogs condition though & keep my own in Perfect condition.
For me keeping my dog in Peak condition is my gift back to him, Other people seem to think that spoiling dogs makes them happy but it actually does the complete opposite. Animals feel as they should when they are in Peak physical fitness not stuffed full of food. :)

She is a Gorgeous dog though & I look forward to watching her grow up & settle in with you. :cool:

Soldato
I'll join in, here's the thrilling new addition to the Skyfall household:

We call him fridgey.

lmao

Congrats on the dog Stelly. We got our dog from refuge 9 years ago now and never regretted it.

Rottweilers are lovely looking dogs but I used to live next to two and had quite a few in my street growing up. Made cycling hell even though the owners said don't worry he's only playing I did get frightened on my bike when the thing was growling and chasing my feet :(

Best if they are kept totally away from kids.

Back
Top Bottom