New AIO Setup

Soldato
Hi guys,

It's been a while, 2011 iirc, but I'd like to change my aio setup. As per my sig, still on a Corsair H60 - fans front and back :cool:

I've got a Antec P280 so plenty of room for a twin 120mm top fan rad. Suggestions?

Been really impressed with Corsair but don't mind changing? Still on a 2500k but a bit of future proofing would be good - is there anything obvious?

Thanks.

Soldato
I would first ask why you want an AIO, especially in a windowless case where aesthetics are less of an issue.

If you're dead set on a 240 AIO then just pick any of them to be honest. I've used several Corsair AIO kits and they've lasted fine, but found them louder than others. Though with my main PC I changed the H110 fans and put them on a different controller.

If aesthetics aren't an issue and you have the space, get a massive traditional heatsink like the NH-D15.

Soldato
alphacool eisbaer or eisbaer LT- actual AIO and not CLC like corsair/asetek - LT is quite cheap to and just above budget CLCs . also the pump is 100% silent and should be run at 100%

Soldato
OP
Thanks both! I just fancy a change really and I know I'll have to upgrade my 2500k at some point soon... Had a bit of a scare the the other day and needed to reseat the heatsink and I guess in a way that prompted this thread.

My case (antec p280) supports a twin (120mm) fan rad and I'm guessing the fans still draw the air up through the rad and that's the point of attachment. Anything stopping me adding two more fans the other side of the rad? :cool:

Been looking at the Corsair H100i v2. I can get that for about £85 with my various discounts. Thoughts?

Man of Honour
Been looking at the Corsair H100i v2. I can get that for about £85 with my various discounts. Thoughts?
or get a used one on the MM (mostly with warranty) for £40-50?
if desperate to get new, the CM liquid lite 240 is around £50ish. I wouldn't think paying £35 of corsair tax is necessarily the best use of one's money

Back
Top Bottom