New all round monitor with good colour accuracy

Associate
Hi all.

I’m wanting to refresh my visual setup going from my graphics card through to monitor. I’m waiting to see what the Nvidia announcement looks like before I dive in there but was going to get a RTX 4080 before I heard there was an announcement coming.

I’m after something that’s a good all rounder for photoshop/video editing (so good colour representation) and good enough for gaming.

Mainly due to being given them by work, I’ve only really had Dell monitors so had earmarked a Dell ultrasharp U2724D (well, 2 of them to run side by side)

I’m interested to hear anyone’s thoughts on this and if any other brands might offer better alternatives?

Look forward to hearing from some of you!

Soldato
If its graphics or video related OLED screen is your only real practical choice for colours and working in proper contrast to be honest.

Soldato
That Dell looks good for photoshop/video. Depending on how serious you are about gaming, you might need a higher refresh rate though, but I'm not a gamer so couldn't say.

Other brands I would also look at are LG, Samsung and Iiyama.

What is your budget?

Associate
OP
Thanks guys.

I've ruled out OLED because of the burn in issues. I know that first hand from my oled TV

I'm a casual gamer and in all honesty so these super high refresh rates will be lost on me. Anything is going to be an improvement over my 60hz that i currently have.

I dont have a specific budget but was looking around the £300 ish mark per monitor. I was tempted by the ultrawides that offer in effect 2 x 27" real estate but they are expensive!

Associate
Supposedly the Asus ProArt displays are also good. I'm on the lookout for a Work monitor since my old LG ultrawide gave up the ghost. The key thing for me is a Matte screen to help with eye strain.

Back
Top Bottom