• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New AMD Microcode AGESA 1.0.0.5 on the way

Soldato
Has anyone with X570 and AGESA 1.0.0.5 tested if Ryzen 1st gen now work?

Apparently it's working on some gigabyte boards with version 1.0.0.4b or greater according to some reddit comment but would be nice to get some confirmation!

Don
Updated my Mortar Max over the weekend (to 7B89v27) - no new* issues so far.

Only updated as I was on v25, and v26 included some smart fan improvements

(* Still have the same issue where it's really hard to click and change the fan ramp up/down times in the bios)

Soldato
OP

(* Still have the same issue where it's really hard to click and change the fan ramp up/down times in the bios)

Change your mouse pointer speed in the bios first to 1, makes it much easier, I cant remember which menu its in so you'll have to have a quick look through.

Has anyone with X570 and AGESA 1.0.0.5 tested if Ryzen 1st gen now work?

Apparently it's working on some gigabyte boards with version 1.0.0.4b or greater according to some reddit comment but would be nice to get some confirmation!

As for first Gen RyZen, all boards are different, so which ever board you are interested in, have a look on their website at that board and check the CPU supported list, they should update those lists with each major bios update, I know Gigabyte have not yet released 1.0.0.5, but supports the 1600AF versions, but those are really 2nd Gen chips, and MSI in the X570 range is in beta, so the list hasnt yet been updated.

Last edited:
Associate

i have the same Mobo (MSI B450m Mortar Max) can you please tell me
when i update bios can i just take the latest one or should i go up from V21 to the V27

Don
Just had to change a couple of things in the bios to test something out for myself, so the mouse pointer speed setting is in Advanced - USB configuration - Enhanced Mouse Pointer.

Checked this morning and was already set to 1 :(

It's not so much the pointer that's the issue, it just doesn't seem to consistently recognise clicks into the drop downs for fan step-up/step-down times. Everywhere else in the bios seems to be fine.

Have tried another mouse as well, and still the same.

Associate
MSI your main brand now?
temped to try the x570 tomahawk for a cheap thrill
or do I go gigabyte master...
asus bios do have a nice layout, one thing that's put me off the asrock

Soldato
OP
MSI your main brand now?
temped to try the x570 tomahawk for a cheap thrill
or do I go gigabyte master...
asus bios do have a nice layout, one thing that's put me off the asrock

I used to be a Gigabyte fanboy, but there bioses seem to get worse and worse, I gave them one more try when B350 came out and that sealed the deal for me, what a pile of junk that board was, so I moved to an MSI B350 Mortar back then, that was about 2 years ago and fell in love with it, whilst everyone else was struggling to get there ram to run at rated speeds, I had non of that on the MSI board, been MSI ever since, I have an X570 Ace now, but I do fancy grabbing an X570 Tomahawk just to have a play about with, see how it performs etc, i'll either sell it on after a month or so or build a system out of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
As for first Gen RyZen, all boards are different, so which ever board you are interested in, have a look on their website at that board and check the CPU supported list, they should update those lists with each major bios update, I know Gigabyte have not yet released 1.0.0.5, but supports the 1600AF versions, but those are really 2nd Gen chips, and MSI in the X570 range is in beta, so the list hasnt yet been updated.
This is the problem I think - the support is unofficial, I've not found an x570 board yet that lists 1st gen on the CPU support page for any board - do you know of one officially listing support?

Soldato
OP
This is the problem I think - the support is unofficial, I've not found an x570 board yet that lists 1st gen on the CPU support page for any board - do you know of one officially listing support?

Why would you want to even put a first gen chip into an X570 motherboard, you could get a 2nd gen chip for the same price, or even wait for the 3100 & 3300 to be released which are budget 3rd gen chips.

Soldato
Why would you want to even put a first gen chip into an X570 motherboard, you could get a 2nd gen chip for the same price, or even wait for the 3100 & 3300 to be released which are budget 3rd gen chips.
I have a spare 8 core first gen - If I can get an X570 board cheap I'd rather go that way that B450 (need more than a single x16 slot)

Associate
did a fresh format yesterday and installed the 1005 V3.60 BIOS on my B450 Tomahawk MAX. BIOS mouse movement has been sorted , also there are 2 XMP profiles shown as well. Performance wise , its more or less the same from what I can see so far. Getting 4800 score on Cinebench R20 on everything Auto is similar to what I got on v3.50 BIOS.

Back
Top Bottom