New Apple 24" ACD, possibly IPS, definite LED backlight and DisplayPort

Soldato
OP
good monitors for designers?! HP, Nec, LaCie and Eizo make good monitors for designers, not Apple - hell the Apple screens don't even have A-TW polarisers and suffer from green snow.

I'm betting on it being va as it's too cheap to be a LED IPS, especially for Apple. Have a look at the HP DreamColor LP2480zx in comparison.

You didn't read the bit "deserved or not". The number of design studios I've been in where they have ACD's, especially new media agencies is ridiculous. I can count on one hand the number who have Lacie's and Eizo's (which IMHO are overpriced for what they are: rebadged samsung VA's for the most part).

Soldato
OP
Daft question, but the cables in the pics don't look like PC conectivity, or is there some fancy convertor to DVI or VGA etc etc?

I've not looked at the Apple displays before, as you can gather.

Also this says it has a built in cam, and mic, would they be usable with a pc too, or is that just going to be when used with a mac?

Thanks

Nick

You'll need a graphics card with displayport out from what I can see, since DP and DVI are completely different protocols over the wire. Expect to start seeing more of these hit the market now more monitors have them (and Apple seem to be going completely over to them), IIRC the latest ATI reference designs for the 4xxx line had DP.

Soldato
OP
any update on this , ie anyone got there hand on one to confirm a thing or two ? ips or not etc

Saw one on the apple store in brum, and I'm almost positive it's IPS. Definitely not TN with the viewing angles and almost positive it's not VA as no contrast shift (couldn't load up lagom.nl to do the gamma shift test though).

Back
Top Bottom