new AV preamp

Soldato
Still looking for a new available preamp. Power amps are fully balanced so if possible preamp to have outputs for the 7 channels.

Subwoofer has XLR too however I use a antinode which is RCA so probably best to keep that in the system, unless pre amp has better subwoofer eq.

Dual sub out would be nice as add another identical sub later would want proper dual sub outputeq not just the two signals duplicated.

Hdmi wanted of course don't have atmos speakers but I do have amps spare for it. Looking at TV & projector later so dual display out would be useful.

Soldato
OP
So for cheap there's the £700 emotiva, £1500 marantz av770x. More expensive arcam avm80 at £4000 anthem one at about £3600. Marantz av880x for about £3500. Yamahas own about £2500.

OcUK Staff
^^ Great choice. I have currently G68 with LPSU taking care of multi channel stuff which is not my priority and 818v3 taking care of stereo stuff into my dsp 8000SE main speakers. Amazing sound.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
That 861v8 is some price !!!! heck, just for movies? ;)

Certainly not in the case of my 861v4 (with LPSU), which is very much used for movies and music.
It's also worth bearing in mind that it makes a rather good pre-amp, and with an ID40 or ID41 card, a streaming end point. Lastly, it includes rather well done DEQ.

So when compared in price to a mainstream processor, yep, they're not cheap.
However, compared to high end stereo kit with similar performance, it's looking a LOT more competitive, even more so s/h, as the values do get decimated s/h.

Soldato
Certainly not in the case of my 861v4 (with LPSU), which is very much used for movies and music.
It's also worth bearing in mind that it makes a rather good pre-amp, and with an ID40 or ID41 card, a streaming end point. Lastly, it includes rather well done DEQ.

So when compared in price to a mainstream processor, yep, they're not cheap.
However, compared to high end stereo kit with similar performance, it's looking a LOT more competitive, even more so s/h, as the values do get decimated s/h.

As an aside, I picked my Linn Akurate DS up from the dealer yesterday, as I had returned it back to Linn who have now upgraded it to current DSM spec, a "triggers new broom" as it's actually a complete brand new machine that's been returned to me :eek:.
They have also just released a multi channel AV board which can be added in. More (expensive) options to explore.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
So for cheap there's the £700 emotiva, £1500 marantz av770x. More expensive arcam avm80 at £4000 anthem one at about £3600. Marantz av880x for about £3500. Yamahas own about £2500.
I've got the old AV7701 and have zero complaints about it. It works very well with my balanced input power amps via XLR. I can't see any reason why the current 7704/7705 would be any worse.

Back
Top Bottom