New bits for my WC loop- a mini project

Associate
Bought some new bits for my water loop. Specifically, a Barrow distro board, custom-made for my ridiculous Thermaltake Level 20XT case.

There is one bloke on ebay who can supply the cable necessary to connect the RGB, so there's one of those coming, and the total lack of useful documentation meant I had to actually get the thing, before being able to work out what other bits I needed (which are currently in a DPD van, about half an hour away!).

Just starting the thread off with a couple of 'before' shots. I have a feeling this could take a few hours...

It'll look great. Honest! :D :D :D

This looks way better in the flesh than a photo. Really it does...
pI2xruD.jpg

Thinking about sticking a couple of plecos in there to keep the glass clean
zbbj52x.jpg

And it'll look something like this. But red. And with floppy tubing not hardline, as I'm not currently made of money!
ySooj1S.jpg

Associate
OP
Cor, that Conductonaut is bizarre stuff, isn't it?
Doesn't want to spread, then suddenly decides to...

Still, that's the re-paste done. Now for the loop and all rest of it.

I'm taking some pics, but I'll edit them in later once she's back up and running ;)

Associate
OP
UPDATE

Job done! Pics will follow tomorrow, as I'm now thoroughly knackered, and can't be dealing with uploading tonight.

It was not smooth- my fingers are destroyed from some particularly uncooperative compression fittings, and I ended up wearing half a pint of Mayhems Blood Red, but all is now good.

And the Conductonaut appears to have lopped nigh on 10c straight off. I'm calling that a day right there.

Associate
OP
Got a cable en route to connect the distro block's aRGB up to the motherboard, too.

Had to go back to latest BIOS rather than the older one I was using, as I was having stability issues, with hard crashes, and a flashing LED on the mobo indicating a memory hiccup. No amount of tweaking solved this.

As a result, I get PBO etc that's been optimised for the 3000 series chips.
It's pretty rubbish on a 2700X, so I've now plugged in a 4.3GHz all-core OC, at 1.4v, and I've just set my second-quickest R20 run ever at 69.4 degrees, so I'm settling on that for now!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom