new board advice,ddr1 and intel core duo

Associate
apart from the two asrock boards is their another option to go to intel without having to purchase ddr2.
the asrock looks a good solution but i am concerned about the pcie only being 4x,i am running a 7900 gs and dont really want to loose any graphics performance so i wondered if there was another solution to my quandry.
and do i want a 4300 or a 6300
thanks
dave
:D :D :D :D

Tetras, You got me interested in the ASrock board until I read it's only Single Channel DDR and not Dual like most modern boards. Do you think adding more RAM would make up for this? I would probably want to add another 512MB to my 1Gb especiallly as I'd be using the on board x300 for a while that uses system memory until I got something better (8800GTS perhaps)

as for CPU choice go for the E4300 since it has a higher multi and runs at 200bus speed instead of 266 on the 6300> meaning those asrock boards and the like that usually top out at 300FSB will give you a better overclock.

Damn, looks like I got the rev1 board which doesn't have C2D support. Damn. Looks like I'll have to flog it and start again.....

Damn. Damn. Damn. The second time I've bought the wrong motherboard from an auction site . DAMN!

Back
Top Bottom