New Build (£1200-1500)

Associate
Hi all,

Looking for a new build, are there any good deals for pre built systems that could comfortably play Warzone and other similarly intensive games on good settings? Or would I be better off going DIY?

I currently play on 1080p @ 60hz, would I notice much of a difference going to 144hz?

I have only had intel & nvidia builds I am happy for all suggestions, something that will see me through the next 3-5 years would be nice!

thankyou :)

Associate
OP
I only need a rig unless I was going to upgrade for a 144hz setup, but I am unsure really of how much I would gain from it. I’ve been on 1080p 60hz for as long as I can remember! I can get windows 10 myself and I have all other peripherals.

Soldato
Definitely time to upgrade monitor from that medieval marketing low screen.
1920x1080 is bad for any use with no room for content.
Like in web pages needing to scroll down and up lot.

Many of them are out of stock, but cheapest 2560x1440 VAs would start from £260
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoc-...een-led-backlit-gaming-monitor-mo-057-ao.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...een-led-backlit-gaming-monitor-mo-00l-ms.html

IPS monitors start from £350
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...-widescreen-led-gaming-monitor-mo-141-ac.html
IPS gets smashed by VA's lot better contraqst/black in dark/dimly lighted room, but in normal room lightning IPS has better overall image quality.

Selecting parts yourself instead of taking "pre-baked" built gives better bang per buck and more longer lasting value.
Though in graphics card's you're not going to get long lasting return for the price, especialyl the more you pay in the start.

What's your reference for case style?
All marketing fads, or functional?
Size normal ATX midi tower?

Associate
OP
I do a lot of general web browsing and watching videos, gaming mostly though. My old case was the fractal r4 and I swapped over parts from my old build into it. My partner wants a new computer so this would become my new one and she can have mine. I have plenty of room for a larger tower but medium sized would be nice. I haven’t been following hardware for a while how far ahead are the new GPUs from the GTX1070? That’s what is in my current setup. The computer still performs very well but figured I may as well see what’s out there before looking at one for my partner.

Soldato
I do a lot of general web browsing and watching videos, gaming mostly though. My old case was the fractal r4 and I swapped over parts from my old build into it. My partner wants a new computer so this would become my new one and she can have mine. I have plenty of room for a larger tower but medium sized would be nice. I haven’t been following hardware for a while how far ahead are the new GPUs from the GTX1070? That’s what is in my current setup. The computer still performs very well but figured I may as well see what’s out there before looking at one for my partner.

monitor out of stock though , but you get the idea. mATX form so shorter then ATX

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,447.04 (includes shipping: £18.12)​

freesync tech, 1440p and 144hz

Back
Top Bottom