New build check/advice please

Associate
Hi guys,

Finally got the cash for a new Gaming PC listed below, is everything ok with the build? any advice or different preferable parts i should change / consider.

I have a 144hz monitor currently and a 1440p coming soon and everything else needed. Also is it easy to pay via paypal account for that amount, the funds are in my paypal already..

thanks a lot

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,294.47 (includes shipping: £12.60)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi , cheers my post is the MAX Budget,I was just trying to establish the best i could get for that cash £1300
(i was trying to save a few quid on other brands etc - no more monies left sadly.)
My son is having my old PC so i kinda need everything saved for him.

so was thinking 2070 Super / 5700XT Ryzen 7 - I am seriously considering the sapphire 5700XT card now though, the £100+ Nvidia tax is grinding on me when the 5700Xt is on point

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £820.44 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Ryzen 3700X is a must though. I'm not one for massive overclocking, so minimal of that. i thought that CPU had a very decent cooler for stock speeds?
I would prefer MSI / Sapphire / Gigabyte on the GPU front as had bad experiences with a few others in the past.
Are m.2 drives really needed for gaming builds?
does not really need to be wifi, but that Mobo is recommended
any advice on the whole 2070 super / 5700XT would be awesome as RTX cards seem filthy expensive even for Nvidia.

thanks a lot for the replies guys

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Ryzen 3700X is a must though. I'm not one for massive overclocking, so minimal of that. i thought that CPU had a very decent cooler for stock speeds?
It does, hence why I've not specified one

I would prefer MSI / Sapphire / Gigabyte on the GPU front as had bad experiences with a few others in the past.
I did spec an MSI card

Are m.2 drives really needed for gaming builds?
Nope. But it does away with the need for wires and looks tidier. Not to mention that it's within £10 of an equivalent sized SATA 3 SSD. Why not.

advice on the whole 2070 super / 5700XT would be awesome as RTX cards seem filthy expensive even for Nvidia.
You're paying for the potential for less headaches with their drivers. Radeon drivers not fully stable

Associate
OP
Cheers Tamzzy, I was replying to everyone who posted in one reply.

so the only potential headache with the 5700XT is drivers? hmmm i think i can live with that for the reduction in cost at the performance point.

3200mhz over 3600 for ryzen as well? noted.

thanks

Soldato
I would definetly recomend against going with a HDD for a gaming build these days. Going with an SSD will improve smoothness and load times will make a big difference to your gaming experience, even the next gen consoles are doing away with them.

Associate
Cheers Tamzzy, I was replying to everyone who posted in one reply.

so the only potential headache with the 5700XT is drivers? hmmm i think i can live with that for the reduction in cost at the performance point.

3200mhz over 3600 for ryzen as well? noted.

thanks

ive owned a rx 5700 and a 5700xt... both were blue screening and causing loads of crashes.

i took the 5700xt out and replaced with a non super rtx 2070.

BEST DECISION I ever made. Straight swap ...deleted all radeon driver/software and installed geforce driver and i was away. No crashing or blue screen or anything.

Back
Top Bottom