New build - Cooling layout advice

Hey @GordyR any update ?

She's all put together. :D

Sorry for the poor pics, i'll take some better ones when I've completely finished the build. The toddler's in bed and I don't want to risk waking him by taking the glass side off to take some better one's right now!

Besides, I have some new PSU cables and iCue RGB sheaths on their way, and I should have the 3 silent wings at the top replaced with 3x Corsair iCue QX140's this time next week. Might as well wait until then to take some decent pics.

Anyway, you'll notice I couldn't help myself and bought the Corsair Dominator Titanium light enhancement kit to fill the two empty DIMM slots. :p

image20.jpg

One minor annoyance is that the Darkbase 901 pro has a section below that can either have a blanking plate or vent piece that clips in to allow an intake fan below.

But because I've gone with a 420mm AIO and want the tubes mounted at the bottom, I can't install either. I've reached out to bequiet! and sent them these pics, and they've said that they're going to consider adding an optional U-shaped clip in plate to allow radiator tubes to pass through for my sort of configuration. Whether they actually do or not is another matter, but their service has been second to none and i'm very impressed with the company, and the case itself.

In the meantime I'm thinking of getting something made up with a 3d printer or at least running something around the edges of the hole so that the section doesn't look so unfinished. Any ideas welcome!

image01.jpg

Absolutely love the iCue cable management though, it's been a game changer for me.

Performance-wise, she's a beast:

CINEBENCH-R23-CPU-Multi-Core-47220.jpg

I'm currently running the ram at 6400. They're dual rank 48GB DIMMS, so I've decided not to push them too hard for now and have set them up to a rock solid 6400 and haven't tried to tighten the timings too much. I'll make a good attempt at 8000+ once I've finished tuning the CPU.

If I push the PBO offsets and curve shaper a little more I can hit 48,500 in Cinebench r23, which seems completely stable in day-to-day use and runs all OCCT stress tests without issue, but y-cruncher occasionally throws the odd error, so i've settled for this very comfortable overclock that breezes y-cruncher for now, and will see if I can fully stabilise it pushed a bit further at the weekend.

Regardless, I'm extremely pleased. Using the machine daily for my professional productivity work loads is like night and day versus my old 3950x.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom