New build. CPU boot LED on

Associate
I’ve recently completed my pc build and had boot issues which I originally thought was related to psu. I’ve got a new psu now but when I flick the switch for the psu the pc begins to boot and then the CPU boot led stays on. I’ve attempted to resit the cpu and tried it as a barebones system but I’m still having the cpu light stay on.

I’ve tried both PSU’s and they both get to this point.

I’ve tried resetting CMOS by leaving the battery out for 15 minutes

I’ve taken the CPU out and looked at it and the MoBo and there’s no bent pins or nothing that looks out of place.

When it attempts to boot the cpu fan also stops spinning sometimes which is plugged into the cpu fan header.

I’ve had the cpu from Overclockers. Will this need to be a return?

Soldato
To clear CMOS you need to remove the battery while turned off at the wall or unplugged, and short the CLRTC or CLRCMOS jumper.

Start by connecting just the CPU and one stick of RAM plus all power supply cables OUTSIDE of the case. Place the motherboard on a desk or its box. If no response, try another stick of RAM.

If that gets you nowhere, it's a good idea to list all your parts on here to get better advice.

Associate
OP
After a day of testing I called OC who I had the MOBO and CPU from. Spoke to the most helpful guy on the phone (I owe the guy a pint) and he tested at 17:10 and found out it was the mobo that was dodgy. Had a replacement waiting at the main desk. Got home and fit it. All working fine now

Back
Top Bottom