new build help.

Associate
well finally got everything plugged in a while ago and all set up but i'm getting no signal to the monitor like a lot of people, had the speakers plugged into the motherboard but heard no beeps.

So i've unplugged everything leaving just the cpu, heatsink and fan and memory in and have the 20 pin connection in place with the 4 pin connector right next to it plugged in, i also have the atx 12v plugged in, someone said that there should be 4 main connections but i can't see a 4th?

But i'm still not getting any beeps!

please help.

Associate
Have you tried swearing at it? :D

Seriously, disconnect every cable. Keep only the mobo, cpu, 1 ram stick, graphics and hard rive. Reconnect appropriate cables and try it.

Soldato
slothmeister said:
i've swapped the ram round to see if that was the problem. i'm not sure if i've connected the sound connections properly, would the onboard sound need to plug into anything to work?

Definately not. Try as said above removing mboard from case and booting it with just cpu+ram+vga.... nothing else. If it works, then keep testing after adding more...

Associate
OP
okay so i'm starting to get worried now!

Taken the motherboard out of the case and placed it on the packing it came inside, plugged 1 stick ram, graphics, cpu and heatsink. plugged in the 24pin and 4 connections, plugged the extra power to graphics but still nothing, tried swapping the ram from the blue slots to black again nothing.

When i start the system up the light on the end of the graphics card next to where i plug in the power, comes on for a second or two and then turns off, could this be anything???

Associate
OP
okay here are some pictures to make sure everything is connected properly:
mboard.jpg

motherboard connections:
number 1 is the power to graphcs card
number 2 is the 20pin + 4 pin power
number 3 is the 4 pin power

plug.jpg

this picture is the power connection to the motherboard.
This is right i assume? Using the two connections to make a 24 pin?

p4.jpg

i am supposed to use the p4 connection that comes straight from inside the psu right?

psu.jpg

finally what am i supposed to plug in here? (The small 4 pin blue connection)

Associate
dude is that a SLI mobo? is the slot next to 4 another PCI-expresss slot? put the graphics card in there if it is. it wont use the 2nd slot unless its in SLI mode. the connector near no.1 provides additional power to the PCI-express slots when SLI mode is being sued.

Associate
Have you tried the GFX card in the other slot? Worth a try.

NeptuneUK said:
dude is that a SLI mobo? is the slot next to 4 another PCI-expresss slot? put the graphics card in there if it is. it wont use the 2nd slot unless its in SLI mode. the connector near no.1 provides additional power to the PCI-express slots when SLI mode is being sued.

It's a Crossfire motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom