New build is running - but Power LED flashing every second

Associate
I've tested everything and it seems to be fine.
But the blue LED on the power button flashes about once per second

(The red HDD light comes and goes as you'd expect)

Any idea what it might be? Can't find anything from a google search.

Hmm, a couple of reboots and its stopped? Wierd?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sounds like a 'beep code'. What motherboard do you have? Have you consulted the manual?
That's what I thought.
Oddly, after a reboot it just went away........... until today.

Its flashing once every 2 seconds, which according to the manual is this:

B. Power LED flashes slowly after power on, flashing once every 2 seconds (no VGA card or VGA card error)
1. Integrated Graphics(On-board) output is not normal. Please try to re-install the CPU
2. Add-on Graphics card display output is not normal :
a. Try to re-install Graphics card
b. Check for any dirt on the PCI-E Pin of motherboard or Graphics card Pin as shown in the below image. If so, please clean it and try again​

I don't have integrated graphics at all. And the 3060TI is working fine. Running games great.

Associate
That's what I thought.
Oddly, after a reboot it just went away........... until today.

Its flashing once every 2 seconds, which according to the manual is this:

B. Power LED flashes slowly after power on, flashing once every 2 seconds (no VGA card or VGA card error)
1. Integrated Graphics(On-board) output is not normal. Please try to re-install the CPU
2. Add-on Graphics card display output is not normal :
a. Try to re-install Graphics card
b. Check for any dirt on the PCI-E Pin of motherboard or Graphics card Pin as shown in the below image. If so, please clean it and try again​

I don't have integrated graphics at all. And the 3060TI is working fine. Running games great.

If it were me I'd blow out the PCIe slot and reseat the card. If it kept happening I'd contact the retailer to ask for advice on the basis something needs an RMA.

Each to their own however, and if you're happy then you're happy :)

Associate
OP
If it were me I'd blow out the PCIe slot and reseat the card. If it kept happening I'd contact the retailer to ask for advice on the basis something needs an RMA.

Each to their own however, and if you're happy then you're happy :)
Hasn't happened since the 26th. Its a bit odd. If it comes back, I'll have a think about opening it up.

Now,I did spot something that might be an issue. The RFshield flap has gone INSIDE the HDMI slot (just slipped inside the top instead of sitting outside). But there's no graphics on this mothboard, so it'll never ever be used - problem or not? Hope not, cos I really really don't want to have to take the whole board out to reseat it.

Back
Top Bottom