• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

new build, might be problems?

Associate
Hi all, I build a new pc today

i9 9900k
aorus master
aorus 16gb 3200

f7 bios

It is all up and running, but in msi afterburner, the cpu clock on all cores is spiking up and down. from around 400 to 4900.

I have xmp turned on and the ram is at 3200.

is this normal?

any help would be good please

thanks
ian

Caporegime
it will go down and up based on what you doing if you have it on different power settings. high performance means exactly as it says.

Associate
OP
in windows advanced power settings, if i change min and max settings to 0%, then the cpu clock speed is a smooth 800mhz.

is there anything wrong to have it set to 0%

thanks
ian

Caporegime
just put the windows setting to what you need. i suggested high performance as i assumed you wanted the max speed all the time. put it to balanced. if you want it to go up and down when idling. you had it on that in the first place :D

Associate
OP
I was thinking that it was ment to be a steady low mhz when not doing much. in balanced it goes form 800 to around 4700/4900, and in high performance it stays at 4800/4900.

im still a novice at this, and this is the first pc i have fully build/installed myself. so every day is a school day.

I just didnt want to fry the cpu as it was on max all the time.

thanks again
ian

Back
Top Bottom