New build, new builder, opinions please

Associate
Hi, I am based in Northern Ireland and have never built a pc before. I am hoping for any opinions on the parts list I have, suitability and whether I am missing anything. I wish to build a pc for sim racing (new to it also) with a view to being able to add a 3D headset in time and over the longterm being relatively upgradable if necessary. https://************.com/list/wZCr89. All help and advice would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance

Associate
OP
Many thanks for coming back to me.
The games I have been using on the Xbox are Forza motorsport, ASSETTO Corsa competizione. Should I start getting into the sim racing I may look into iracing also. By the time I purchase a rig and dd Base and wheel the costs are mounting.
I intended to initially use a 55" 4k tv to keep the cost down. I prefer to put the money into the basic build and add a monitor /3d headset in the future.
I

Associate
OP
Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case
MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor
Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black 55 CFM CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory
Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
MSI GAMING X SLIM GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card
Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 96 CFM 140 mm Fans 2-Pack (2 packs of 2)
Thermal paste

Associate
OP
Hi, cheers for that.
Am I right in thinking that I am best going with the am5 motherboard and cpu to be as futureproof as possible.
The case you have recommended has 4 rgb fans included, does the rgb need to be lit.... I prefer no fancy lights, just a case that sits in the corner and goes in-noticed.
Many thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks Craig_d1, that's quite a saving. I'm up for saving where I can as long as the build is able to do what I need it to do now and sill be able to be upgraded if necessary down the road... That is why I'd aimed towards the am5 motherboard.

Associate
OP
Hi guys.
I have started ordering the components mentioned above... With the the strix b650 e-f motherboard. I was thinking of using a CPU liquid cooler for the rysen 7 7800X3D (ordered). I would prefer one that shows the CPU temperature, would you have any recommendations?
Thank you for all your help and advise.

Associate
OP
Hi,
Are both these psu's the same other than the second is an extra 100w...Just thinking I may as well order the 850,they are both the same price.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/seas...w-80-gold-modular-power-supply-ca-08n-ss.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/seas...ZLwCQrPOcpX2QL7XUvLu9u-n3UP8DD7kaAriQEALw_wcB

Also I quite like the look of this case.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/mont...XjgZX9_XdBdklRxV1l0Tg95SEs2zwUmkaAnf2EALw_wcB
What do you think, suitable and would the artic cooler fit it.
Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi again.
I've purchased all the components apart from the graphics card and have started the build.
I've gone with the Asus ROG Strix B650E-F mb and the montech king 95 pro case.. I have three cables I'm struggling to find the location on the mb for.
The 1st is marked F. Panel
The 2nd and 3rd come from the side of the onboard rgb hub.
I attach a layout of the mb and pictures of each of the cable plugs.
Again all advice is greatly appreciated.

Associate
OP
Build just completed (minus the graphics card... Arriving tomorrow)
Maytech King 95 Pro case
ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F mb
Ryzen 7 7800X3D
G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GBDDR5 6000MHz AMD EXPO
2TB Crucial T500 ssd
2TB solidigm P44 pro ssd
MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16gb VENTUS 3XOC Graphics Card
MSI MPG A1000G PCIE5 PSU 80 Plus Gold Certified, ATX 3.0, PCIe 5.0
Artic Liquid Freezer iii 360 aio

Afraid to count the total cost... And I've still got to buy the sim racing gear and cockpit.
Hopefully it's up to the task for sim racing (probably with a quest 3 for vr when I get the money together)

Many thanks for all your help

Back
Top Bottom