New build Not working

Associate
specs are as show here

finished the build and system dosent seem to power on.. just nothing, i've made sure that all of the connections are correct, and fitted in nice and snug..

I Personally think its a faulty psu because when the power is on and connected you can hear a slight buzzing, if thats normal

Associate
Same thing happen with my build, is the PSUs voltage too low? or maybe the RAM is at speed that isn't compatible with the motherboard? if the case came with a PSU, try using that?

RJC

RJC

Don
Try removing the GPU and see it boots with only the onboard Graphics.

Have you tried a CMOS reset and is the 4 or 8 pin connected for CPU power.

Associate
Try removing the GPU and see it boots with only the onboard Graphics.

Have you tried a CMOS reset and is the 4 or 8 pin connected for CPU power.

will try now, only thing that looks like cpu power is the 4 pin next to it which says ATX 12v, which i dont have a connector for with my PSU.

tried booting with no gpu and reseting cmos, still no start up

Last edited:
Associate
ahh found it, was a 8 pin that needed seperating..

Now EVERYTHNG is connected and tryed to reet CMOS again and boot with one stick of RAM.

I think its a faulty PSU or Mobo tbh

Associate
Could just be a compatibility error? What RAM does your motherboard take and up to what speed? and what's your RAMs Speed? also try unplugging everything then plugging it back in?

Caporegime
Use something like a screwdriver to short the two powerON pins on the board.

Just to check,

You have the 24pin ATX fully in?

The 4pin additional ATX in?

Drives all disconnected?

GFX card removed?

Associate
also tried shorting the mobo with a screw driver for the power but still nothing.

no lights or anything showing on the mobo, just seems like the mobo's not using the power, the PSU makes a sound when its connected tho like really faint

Associate
Given that you didn't know how to connect the 4 pin ATX, I think it's more likely that you've made a mistake somewhere.

no it's just i thought it was an 8 pin, dident knoe you had to seperate that actualy connector to get a 4pin, plus its not just me.. my mate who has done many builds has come and help me an has overseen everything connections etc and seems to think its the mobo.