New build problem.

Caporegime
After some help what to try next :(

I bought a New I5 2500K cpu
MSI P67A-G45 Intel P67 motherboard and
Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit.

This was to replace my current equipment while still using my existing PSU which was powering an asus p5e board a Q6600 and 4x2 gb off ddr2.

When It's all connected up we get nothing, no motherboard lights no momentary fans spinning. Nothing. So I RMA'd the mobo back and it's being returned no fault found.

Surely even if the CPU was dead or a faulty set of RAM I would get something? I'm getting nothing no beeps, posting or anything.

Anyone got any help?

Soldato
daft question you checked the fuse ?, tried another power lead.

if you have try running the psu on its own, browse the forums/net need to connect a couple of pins and the psu should start up ok on its own.

Caporegime
OP
Yes mate done all that, the psu is currently running fine on my rig with the q6600. A mate at work tested the psu as you suggested and it runs fine.

As there is no indications of anything we all assumed it was the mobo. We assumed if the CPU is dead on arrival I would still get something on the mobo or momentary fan movement to suggest power to the board was fine. Or a failure beep or something.

Caporegime
OP
Problem solved.

Problem was the PSU. My Enermax 550w will not fire the board up. Tried another PSu 450W and the system fires up with no issues.

New Antec 650W ordered, another £60 gone :(

Oh well atleast it wasn't something more serious.

Back
Top Bottom