New build problems

Permabanned
Just built a machine this evening. All plugged in correctly. Went to start it up. Pressed power and it sort of choked. Seeem to boot, then turn off almost, then boot again fine. However after 15 seconds it just turns off. I get one bleep from the Bios on start as per normal. But every time it just turns off after 15 seconds or so. I was a little concerned the heatsink was not on properly. Would this account for it possibly? Any way of knowing whether it's on properly? Any suggestions are urgently needed please!

Spec:
C2D 6300+ w/ stock HSF
Gigabyte DS3
2x1GB Geil 6400 DDR2
HIS X1950 Pro 256
Seagate 320GB SATA II
Old IDE DVDRW drive
Corsair 520W

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
someone else told me the RAM should be set to 2.1V, but i havent actually got the time to change it before it turns itself off :mad:

Permabanned
OP
pcAnywhere said:
Sounds like a poor seating issue

CPU, RAM, graphics card...?

I've noticed that the front LEDs on the case arent coming on. Having those plugs in the way could cause a crash?
EDIT: Corrected them and its still the same.

Last edited:
Associate
Ah, good one. You don't believe these kind of problems can happen till they do! I had to seat my HSF 4 times before i got it done properly

Soldato
Keylow said:
Its on now. And its working! Rejoice! Must definatley have been the HSF not on properly.

I had the same problem with my build a month ago, had to reseat the CPU though and re-apply some paste! Glad your sorted :)

Permabanned
OP
On post it says my CPU is 1.6Ghz. Correct me if im wrong but it should be 1.86? I think the FSB is set at 400. Shall I just set it straight to 533?

Soldato
Check with CPU-Z in windows, if its the same yeah, go back into BIOS and reset! Odd that it doesn't default at that value though

Back
Top Bottom