4 x 120mm Fans
1 x CPU Block
1 x GPU Block

Front mounted Distro Plate
EK 4.2 Elite Pump
EK Mystic Fog Fluid

The route of the water is

Distro -> Bottom Radiator -> GPU -> Top radiator -> CPU -> Distro

Having filled it up and bleed it, it seems to be running fine.
Under heavy gaming the GPU will reach about 42-43 Degrees C
Using Argus monitor the CPU is hitting about 60 Degrees.

Under Prime95 I can again see 60 degrees and for a short period i.e. 2 mins it hits 72 Degrees.

Does the CPU temps seem a bit excessive?

Associate
OP
I'd say that seems about right for the radiators you have, what are you ambient temps?
Morning Ayahuasca

Ambient temps in the room are 20 degrees, we usually keep it at that during winter.
When the CPU was air cooled temps were approx 80- 85 degrees, being water cooled i'd have expected a big drop in load temps. Gpu has halved from 80 degrees to 40 under load temps.

Cheers for the reply

Associate
i think those temps are perfectly normal for what you are running and the ambient temp. Mine is near the same but with a 5800x.

Not entirely sure what 3600 max load is as i've not had one before, but 60c looks low/normal for water

Associate
Yeah the ryzen 3000 series was a bugger for heat. I had the 3950x cooled by its own quad 120 radiator and ended up cutting down windows to hit 0-1% idle so it would actually let the cores sleep when you weren't using them. It would idle about 40-50 degrees (process spikes) with everything low rpm, well above what I was used to. The 5000 series fixed all that, can get down to about 18 degrees idle on the same setup with a 5900x

Back
Top Bottom