New build running hot, how to check aio?

Associate
OP
Wont get cold as such
Since it can't get colder than the ambient air temperature
But yes noise from the radiator will be the pump working since its built in /attached to radiator

Ah that makes sense thank you. I've just redone it now and so far so good, 38 degree's at idle it seems to be, going up and down a bit but nothing extreme. So I think it was just user error. The RGB doesn't seem to work though, so going to try it in a few different slots etc and see if I can figure out why. Last time they worked on the fans but not the cpu block. Thanks for all the advice!

Soldato
Ah that makes sense thank you. I've just redone it now and so far so good, 38 degree's at idle it seems to be, going up and down a bit but nothing extreme. So I think it was just user error. The RGB doesn't seem to work though, so going to try it in a few different slots etc and see if I can figure out why. Last time they worked on the fans but not the cpu block. Thanks for all the advice!
You're very welcome
38c idle is roughly expected
Depends on pump speed and fan speed obviously but it's in right ball park

Associate
OP
You're very welcome
38c idle is roughly expected
Depends on pump speed and fan speed obviously but it's in right ball park

Bugger... it stayed like that for 30 mins so I assumed all was fine. Turned off, tidied up the cables etc and closed it all up and now it's over 100 degrees. How could that be?

Associate
OP
You may have accidentally pulled the
Pump sata power connector off
While cable tidying
Not the first time i have ever done that

Tried redoing the cable and it didn't work. So I tried plugging in another sata power cable into my PSU and using that and nope still 100 degrees plus? Anything else that I'm missing or just keep trying to reseat the cable maybe?

Associate
OP
So fans are spinning, rgb still lights up, and I haven’t touched the cpu block. It has to be the cable for the pump/radiator right? I’ll try plugging and unplugging it a few times. Thanks!

Soldato
So fans are spinning, rgb still lights up, and I haven’t touched the cpu block. It has to be the cable for the pump/radiator right? I’ll try plugging and unplugging it a few times. Thanks!
look in the ends of the sata connectors
those L shaped bits are quite fragile i have broken
1 or 2 over the years even though wasnt heavy
handed with them

Associate
OP
Just to add I’ve tried a new sata cable from the PSU, the pump cable is hardwired in so I can’t change that if I have damaged that bit. That will be particularly annoying if i have messed it up :D

Associate
OP
Ok it's definitely the pump, but I think it's working now. I took it apart so I could listen to the pump outside of the case and I could hear it wasn't running. It would run for a second then stop. I changed cables and reseated it a few times and it started running. So I put it back in and then put the case sides back on while it was running, with HWMONITOR open :D

Min 34 max 56 on idle. So maybe a slightly duff cable on the radiator or something? Either way it seems to be working so far. Thank you so much for all the help.

Associate
OP
So my pump saga continues unfortunately. It died earlier so I've swapped out again for stock. I've tried plugging it in separately and it will power for a split second and then nothing. Like every 5 seconds you here a small neeeeeeow sound. Then I tried unplugging and replugging a few times and it would work fine. I'm just a bit worried to plug it all back up as when it stopped working it was in a closed case untouched. I'm guessing it's either the cable or connector that has a problem. I'm not sure if to RMA it or not in case they just say it's fine and send back? I'm in Gibraltar so it would cost probably £30-40 to post back to the UK unfortunately also. I'll open a note in the CS section of the forum to figure it out.

Soldato
Sounds like a dodgy wire in/to the pump
Not worth using it like that
Speak to customer service I believe if faulty you will get the return postage
Refunded
Explain its intermittent fault probably dodgy connection to the pump

Back
Top Bottom