New build today, non boot please help.

Associate
Hello guys need any advice because I’m very stressed out right now with a non boot.

took my time with this build which is very unlike me but all done after a good few hours however I’m not posting sadly :(

https://youtu.be/cNS5uw2zYcY

motherboard is flashing RGB but getting a power buzz if you watch the vid but nothing after that.

I did do the bios flash via USB which seemed to respond to it even tho I go no power seemed to
Flash correctly.

no idea where the sound is coming from tbh.

Ryzen 5600x
Cool master ML240 AIO
B550-f ASUs gaming mobo
850w Corsair psu
32gb ddr4

does anybody have any advice please where to start or anything I should be looking for stress out badly here

Last edited:
Soldato
Is your ram pushed down all the way? i've had it before when its sticking out just slightly.
Does your motherboard have a section with 4 leds, they're in red and read boot,vga,cpu,dram and if so are any of them staying red?
are all your cables pushed in securely?
How hard did you mount your cooler because sometimes too much mounting pressure can be an issue.
Try with one ram stick and go through each slot.

Associate
OP
Mother board RGB is glowing ive currently tried.

removing the AIO and just have a stock fan cooler.

tried my ram in each different slot . No joy

Associate
OP
Further to the bios it was straight forward and I followed the tutorials online to be sure.

held the button it started flashing. Flashes faster to say it’s updating and then stops.

the bios flash happened even with a non boot nothing lite up before and after flashing.

Now I’m unable to actually flash the bios I tried to press the button again but it will not flash green again

Associate
I have had to flash a board a couple of times before to get it to work. When you tried the second time did you take out the cpu, dram, storage drives and graphics cards. Did you leave it 15 minutes after the bios flash stopped before you disconnected the power and started to assemble to be on the safe side? It could well be a bios issue as there is power to the board but the CPU does not appear to initiate, eg case fans not spinning

Associate
OP
I’ve just reread the Manual again there is Q-LED light strip that should light and indicate that has not shown a light once today and been on it since 8am I’m baffled.

mine thing to mention I’m currently using my old PSU so that’s not an issue as I was using it in old build this morning.

the 12 pin power connector is plugged in the additional power connectors 8 pin and 4 pin.

the 8 pin is connected whoever this PSU (modular) does not have a 4 pin connector supplied so...

Ive read online that it’s not needed only for extreme over clocking

Associate
OP
I have had to flash a board a couple of times before to get it to work. When you tried the second time did you take out the cpu, dram, storage drives and graphics cards. Did you leave it 15 minutes after the bios flash stopped before you disconnected the power and started to assemble to be on the safe side? It could well be a bios issue as there is power to the board but the CPU does not appear to initiate, eg case fans not spinning

I had everything setup up and installed before I initiated the bios flash all components connected.

would you recommend I unplug and remove them all and try the re flash

Associate
OP
Ok I’m getting some where but it could be awful news or I’m going wrong somewhere.

I decided to take a look at connectors a friend suggest I put the 8 pin cpu in wrong way round which is crazy but he asked so I unplugged it and re pinned in and bang it posted wow wow wow.

Ok he was wrong what I failed to realise for some reason I also unplugged my gpu before that. So guess what I shut down replugged in my GPU and bang no power no post ‍♂️♂️.

now I’m hoping somewhere ive just going wrong I literally got so lucky landing a 3060TI this week.

I’m currently running my old GPU fine and currently installing windows.

I’m stumped , I’ve been on this 10 hours already and after thinking I’ve done something wrong all day it’s looking like I did it right all along.

many advice on what could be going wrong

Associate
If your old GPU is running fine then either the 3060ti is not working or its not getting the correct power. Have you connected the dongle that comes with the 3060ti correctly to it, connected the right pcie power cable from your psu to the dongle and if its modular is that pcie cable plugged into the psu? Your psu is certainly powerful enough for the 3060ti. Can you try the 3060ti in another PC?

Associate
OP
Good morning thanks everybody for there help yesterday i went back through things one by one yesterday evening.

Had system running fine on old GPU and stock heatsink, i installed windows and all updates.

Everything just didnt sit right with me so i played around with it more, i reinstalled my AIO cooler and bang registered fine this time i was so sure it was that but now running fine at this point with all new components and old GPU.

Now again i couldnt settle so i tried the New GPU again and low and behold it worked, not quiet sure what i changed or did but its running sweet now and after a very tiring day yesterday i can chill now and do some gaming and bench testing :D

Back
Top Bottom