New build - too many fans?

Associate
I'm about to build a PC with the following components:

H500 Coolermaster mid tower RGB case (2 front fans and a rear fan)
Ryzen 3600x (standard cooler attached)
gigabyte 2070s (3 fans attached)
RMx Series™ RM650x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (fan attached)

I've also bought 3 Corsair LL120 120mm RGB fans. I was hoping I could attach them inside (case has room) but I was wondering if this would be too much considering the amount of fans already attached to the components?

Thanks

Associate
You should be fine as you can always run them at slow speeds at idle using Argus fan monitor to make up for any extra noise as long as you've got free slots or adaptors/controllers, also for addressable RBG on the LL's I think as well.

I have 2 x 140mmML + 1 x 120mmML intakes, 2 x 140mmAF + 1 x 120mmML exhaust. 2 x Silent wings 3 120mm on CPU cooler and also the same triple fan gigabyte GPU. I use eco mode on a 750 EVGA G2 so that fan never comes on.

No problems at all with that many fans as you get get great cooling and airflow and can run the fans at low RPM with near silent at idle. It's definitely more than I need but no detriment to performance or noise for my purposes.

Soldato
I would advise returning the Corsair fans.

Expansion Kit: This product is intended as an expansion of the LL120 RGB LED 3 fan kit with Lighting Node PRO. The RGB functionality of this product requires a RGB Lighting hub and Lighting Node PRO

Don't buy anything RGB without doing some homework. If you bought the three-pack, it'll have the Node but you won't be able to synch with the existing CoolerMaster fans.

Get a refund, buy a better cooler as was suggested. You can add some RGB fans to the cooler and to rear of case, but figure out everything first (whether it's compatible, needs splitter etc).

Which motherboard are you using?

Associate
If you bought the Triple pack of LL120s it comes with all the RGB controllers and adaptors you need already so it should work fine.

If you bough 3 x 120mm single packs then yeah return them as you'd need the controller. Important difference.

Soldato
If you bought the Triple pack of LL120s it comes with all the RGB controllers and adaptors you need already so it should work fine.

If you bough 3 x 120mm single packs then yeah return them as you'd need the controller. Important difference.

Already said that. They still won't synch with the CoolerMaster fans which are pretty much (2 x 200mm front fans) the whole point of that case.

When you can have more compatibility and synching through motherboard header with other fans, buying into proprietary and even more expensive stuff from the likes of Corsair and NZXT is pointless. You don't even get better quality fans. And just about every windows update breaks their software.

Associate
Already said that. They still won't synch with the CoolerMaster fans which are pretty much (2 x 200mm front fans) the whole point of that case.

When you can have more compatibility and synching through motherboard header with other fans, buying into proprietary and even more expensive stuff from the likes of Corsair is pointless. You don't even get better quality fans.

Yeah that's a fair point, I hadn't read your post properly and did notice you mentioned that typically just after I posted, so you are right for total RGB sync you need something different.

But if you don't mid separate RGB controllers it would still work as an option, but obviously not ideal.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom