New Build, What to do

Soldato
Hi all

Im cant find anything on here to support me through my build...

This weekend i will be putting together my new build... I am just wondering if any of you could put together a little list of things I must do once all is together and switched on..

Thanks

Soldato
Do you need a build guide or a advice of what to check/setup once your build is complete?

Is this your first build?

Soldato
A quick general guide assuming you're installing Windows 10:

• Sit in the BIOS and check temps once built (personally, i do this outside of the case first)
  • Flash to the latest BIOS within the BIOS using a Pen drive (Format using FAT 32). Don't use a Windows utility.
  • Setup BIOS ready for windows install
  • Be careful using the XMP - especially if your memory is classed as OC for your MB (better to install OS knowing your memory is stable and running at MoBo recommendations)
  • Don't use the MB DVD - install all latest drivers form the NET
  • Once installed install MB drivers from Manufacturer (e.g. from AMD if Ryzen) and GFX drivers direct from nVidia/AMD - let windows do it's Critical update (disable recommended updates)
  • Don't install all the bloat ware that you won't use from the motherboard/GFX card sites.
  • Download MSI and CoreTemp
  • Check your CPU and GPU at idle
  • Install and run a CPU stress test and check your temps (or a combined blend test of GPU and CPU)
  • Install a GPU stress test and monitor temps
  • Install other peripherals/drivers
  • If all seems OK use and abuse.
  • Disable MS data gathering.
  • One final thing - cripple and gag CORTANA!
ADDITIONAL: Update your SSD to the latest firmware if you have one - preferably before it's got Windows on it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Read the motherboard manual, a lot of people skip threw it but its there for a reason.

Yeah I always skip them lol or any manual for computer related, usually for bios there might be wording to explain enough of what stuff does or google, my board tells me some things, but I always google if need be.

Back
Top Bottom