New build

Associate
My 2012 Retina Macbook's 650m seems to have given up the ghost and I've been wanting to go back to a desktop anyway. It's been 5-6 years since I last built a PC so I'm quite out of the loop.

It will mainly be for general use such as web and video streaming but I would like the build to be future proof and have the capability of adding a reasonably high end graphics card in the future. If the integrated graphics are decent with current gen CPU for my needs then I'll go with that for now. My monitor is a Dell U2713HM which I'm really happy with so don't see any reason to replace that, and may look at getting a second hand one or equivalent in the future for dual displays. I also have a 2TB HDD which I'll use as a secondary drive and a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. I still see a lot of people complaining about Windows 10, I'll upgrade to it if I need to for security reasons etc but if there's no need I'll still to 7.

So I guess I need: CPU, Mobo, PSU, SSD, Case, Memory and CPU cooler if required. I had a budget of 1k in mind but that was with a decent graphics card, so perhaps up to £700 - I'm pretty flexible though.

Back
Top Bottom