New car delays.

Associate
With the lockdown etc is anyone else having delays with a new motor vehicles.

Ordered the wife's Velar Hybrid on the 18th of May for delivery on the 25th for September but due to the shortage of parts and the semi-conductor issue its now 22nd of October and I bet this will slip.

Anyone else having similar delays.

Associate
OP
I am so sorry to send you this email but I have received communication from the factory confirming that some cars have now been unslotted meaning the build dates have been cancelled.

Sadly your order for the Range Rover Velar is one that has been un-slotted.

We are trying to gain information from the factory as to why this has happened but I would guess that this is due to the Worldwide shortage of semi-conductors having a knock on affect to the supply of parts.

As soon as I receive further information from Land Rover or we have a new build date I will be in touch.

Once again apologies for this news but sadly this is something that is out of our control.

Well if the wife didn't want one so much I would look at something nearly new, but as for new I guess everyone's in the same boat.

This got to hurting car companies with cash flows ?

Associate
OP
Seems like Land Rover are trying it on to boot. Looked at my order and compared it with one now, they have split some dynamic packs into three sperate addons and charging around £700 more for the same things. Also a things have been taken off the optional extras list already. :(

They will lose the order if anything is changed from what I paid a deposit on.

Associate
OP
So this came this morning

I hope that this finds you well.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I am contacting you to inform you that Land Rover have now ceased production on model year 21 Velar.

What this means to your order is that even though we had this in the system and waiting for a build date we cannot now get a build on 21 model year.

I have sent you like for like quote on the model year 22 Velar, however there are changes to the new model i.e Surround Camera not standard.

I have added on all the option you had on the previous car but have had to leave off anything that cannot be currently selected due parts shortages, notably 3d Surround Camera.

Once you have reviewed the attached please let me if you are happy to proceed with the new model. Please note that we have a priority build for you should you wish to switch to model year 22 but the wait time could be up to 6 months.

Again sincere apologies for bringing this news to and I can understand any frustrations you may have, we will do our best to get your new car to ASAP.

So 2022 model Surround Camera now an optional extra not standard an extra £855.00 as you can only have it with a wade sensing. Has a retail off £75,655 and they taking parts of standard model!

The All Terrain Progress Control (ATPC) has been taken off completely, plus other bits most probably.

Wife's car no camera's no deal. 1k dearer plus a one year wait from date of order!

Associate
OP
So wife has insisted on 3d cameras, ordered the same car as 6 months ago with another 6 month lead time plus extra for the camera's they said. :(

Spoke to someone who has a relative on the shop floor at Land rover who said Range Rover variant lines have stopped for the whole of September and there has been mentioned about going back to dials (retro model anyone). Personally I would prefer dials :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Have an update nearly one year since ordered, cannot believe they cannot source the camera's from else where.
Be another year then lol, wife wants camera system and for what its costing I don't blame her :)

"I just wanted to touch base with you regarding your order for the Range Rover Velar, we are still awaiting supply of the 3D camera with no estimated date of arrival

The factory are building the vehicle we had on order for you without the 3D Surround camera and Wade sensing option but we of course have another order loaded awaiting the camera as per your request to become available so just wanted to check that you are still okay to wait and we will then be able to offer the car that the factory are building to another customer. If you chose to take the Range Rover Velar without the camera the car is estimated to be with at the beginning of April.

This of course is your choice I just wanted to keep you in the picture with the current situation."

Associate
OP
From RR

I have just received an email from the factory regarding the last run that they are doing for the 22MY Range Rover Velar to which you have placed an order for.

I have explained to them that we do not want this one to be built as you are waiting for the 3D Surround camera and they have confirmed there is still no eta for this option and for the next model year 23MY this will again remain as not an option either as standard or at a cost. Currently your Range Rover Velar that we have loaded will come with a rear camera and a forward facing camera just not the 3D surround part.

I just wanted to ensure you have full information as I cannot guarantee if the price goes up on the new model that there will be any offer of price protection etc.

Just cannot be arsed to wait any longer and ordered one, the 23MY has only seat upgrade as an extra and we already upgraded that option anyway. Plus god knows how much will be missing off the new model, they keep missing up option packages taken things off and added them to options list

The car is due to be built on the 17th June with arrival date to ourselves the 8th July. 16 months after initial order, oh well.

Associate
OP
presumably no owners groups show people did get the camera; I wouldn't put it past manufacturers, that they are artificially limiting supply.
eg. they want a parts stock ready for more profitable MY23 models so are putting people off by pretending some supply issues for current year

Do they actually have a large share of overall market, or, do the many small independants out gun them,
everytime I see the cinch advert ( just learned the ratt with the white teeth in advert is not their CEO ), I question whether I would I ever buy a used car from a cloud garage.

Looks that way new RR and Sport MY23 all have 3D cameras, RR MY23 has a one year built time already. The sport in same spec is £18k more, that's an SE compared to the HSE.

Wife now loves the Sport First edition at 106k lol, bit much for the school run and 3 miles to work :) and I want a F-type first.

Associate
OP
Cannot believe email sent today, the Velar was supposed to be on the production line on the 17th of this month.

So that's ordered last March with 2 cancellations by Land Rover and now we have to re-order same vehicle again.

Cannot wait see the build time on this one, Range Rover and Sport 23 models all had 1 year production delay when I last looked last month.

Land Rover have today announced that they will be switching to model year 23.5 on Velar models.
Any orders that are in the holding pool on model year 23 will unfortunately will not be built and this includes your order.
Land Rover have confirmed that we will be able to honour the discount and the price protection(if any) amount that was applied from model year 22 to 23, however there will be no protection from 23 to 23.5 model year.
We have until next Friday 17th June to re-load your order.

Associate
OP
Well no news on the build date from last June and with the new 24 update been released this month theres little chance of getting it.

So for the third time in 2 years another order has been submitted and most probably another 8+ month wait.

Just totally unbelievable :(

Associate
OP
We are delighted to inform you that the factory has allocated your new vehicle a date for its arrival at our retailer, the date is 25th August, once your stunning new vehicle arrives we will be in touch.

How old is this thread, do we win the longest ever time to buy a car? Roughly 2.5 years :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Dear Mrs Beckett,

We are delighted to inform you that we have taken delivery of your beautiful new Land Rover RANGE ROVER VELAR ESTATE

Well thats a wait and a half 27 months lol

Back
Top Bottom