New car for PMKeates time

[TW]Fox;18698307 said:
They wont, it has a DPF I think?

Which needs changing at about 100k :(

It does have a dpf most diesel e60s from 2004 onwards do. The LCI cars though are fitted with a totally different dpf to the earlier ones that required replacement like you say around 100k. The new ones are fitted for the life of the vehicle.

do you have subs under your seat?

which ever you do actually have its definitely more than adequate

Agreed, although not ear bleeding loud, even the standard setup sounds alright, though, i doubt it would to a true audiophile. If you have the logic 7 system, you will havean equaliser in the idrive system rather than just bass / treble etc.

yes you can, quite a common mod, blaunkput make really nice plug and play amps with BMW wiring looms. THA series I think
I'd be interested to know about this, source? I was just going to swap out my standard tweeters for the logic 7's which seems to be a common mod. (can get them for around £30/£35 from ebay.de i think

[TW]Fox;18698307 said:

I read it was about 120k, though quite a lot go on further than that. It can depend on what temperature your coolant runs at, in an ideal world, it should be between 88-95 degrees, You can extend the life of your dpf with DPF regens every so often. (5-10 minutes on the motorway in 5th gear so you're running at about 3k revs.

Check your temperature on the secret menu, it's quite common that E60's are running in the low - mid 70 degrees, which means your EGR thermostat or main thermostat is buggered. Running at low temperatures will shorten the life of your DPF.

(all above information is what i've learned myself over the last few days so, although to the best of my knowlege, i think it's true, i may have made some mistake and stand to be corrected :))

I'd be interested to know about this, source? I was just going to swap out my standard tweeters for the logic 7's which seems to be a common mod. (can get them for around £30/£35 from ebay.de i think

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/shop-online.aspx/amplifier more info on Tyresmoke. One thread here.

I read it was about 120k, though quite a lot go on further than that. It can depend on what temperature your coolant runs at, in an ideal world, it should be between 88-95 degrees, You can extend the life of your dpf with DPF regens every so often. (5-10 minutes on the motorway in 5th gear so you're running at about 3k revs.

You can't force a regen without connecting the car to a computer, BMW dealers sometimes force a regen on troublesome cars. Theres a lot more to it than run at high rpm constantly. The car should regen automatically when needed and you will know when its doing it as the car will stay in gear longer and hold the revs higher on an auto. You will also notice a huge amount of heat from under the car when you get out and sometimes a burning smell. If you notice it regenerating its a good idea to keep the car running until its finished otherwise the car will wait until next time its all up to temp and try again.

Check your temperature on the secret menu, it's quite common that E60's are running in the low - mid 70 degrees, which means your EGR thermostat or main thermostat is buggered. Running at low temperatures will shorten the life of your DPF.

Good idea about checking the temp. I normally check mine once every couple of months.

Mine has been a motorway car to date and I'll typically be doing a 60 mile journey 10 times per week in it, so I suspect I won't get much in the way of DPF issues.

I thought the Pro Logic-whatever-it's-called comes with the EQ, and the boggo system doesn't.
Easy way of testing.

I thought the Pro Logic-whatever-it's-called comes with the EQ, and the boggo system doesn't.
Easy way of testing.

The discussion wasn't about if the car had logic 7 which has the EQ. It was if the car had the standard system or hi-fi both of which don't have an EQ.

Is this secret iDrive menu the two clicks to the left, three clicks to the right, push down, pull up, spin 180 degrees and touch your toes secret menu or is there another one?

[TW]Fox;18698307 said:

Will it definitely fail around 100k, or is that if some very rich granny has bought one to pootle about in and never got it to regenerate?

I dread to think how much one of these things is at a dealer!

Lovely car though. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom