New Car Pics (Contains Cadillac)

Soldato
To be fair it looked OK at first glance, but given the warnings you've posted in the past I pushed for the 328. I imagine the Volvo is probably quite a comfy car for a road trip - good seats etc. AWD too.

Soldato
Very nice looking car. Although the dash with all of its touch sensitive buttons would get on my ****. Also the dials are really dull. Apart from that it looks great! Enjoy!

Soldato
OP
Very nice looking car. Although the dash with all of its touch sensitive buttons would get on my ****. Also the dials are really dull. Apart from that it looks great! Enjoy!

I agree, the touch buttons aren't the best idea - they aren't too bad when you get used to them though and to be honest you don't really need to use them very often anyway.

Soldato
I agree, the touch buttons aren't the best idea - they aren't too bad when you get used to them though and to be honest you don't really need to use them very often anyway.

I just don't like the fact that manufacturers dont make nice quality buttons/knobs anymore. They really make a nice interior. Everything is all on sodding touch screens and touch sensitive buttons. You have to take your eyes off the road as well. Maybe I'm just getting old :p

Soldato
OP
So 15 months and 11,800 miles on the clock and it's been great so far.

It's cost absolutely nothing to run other than insurance and fuel and it's averaged 23.5mpg US which is pretty good considering the amount of city driving it gets used for. It can hit 29mpg on a long freeway stint.

Three dealer visits so far, two for faults plus various recalls and one oil change. The second oil change will be due soon as the oil life is down to 30%.

Still really enjoy driving it, and have no plans to change in the immediate future.

I'll leave you with a picture of it half way down Mt. Washington, taken last month.

uqVIc5b.jpg

Soldato
American engines in the past didnt take a lot of oil, hence frequent changes were required. I think this may have stuck. Fortunately they're well set-up for it - most garages will allow you to simply turn up without pre-booking and they will do it while you wait.

Suspended
[TW]Fox;28432614 said:
Stunning.

These are fantastic cars - IMHO infotainment and gearbox aside they are better cars than the 3 Series.

All the ones I've rented have been 2.0T's - it must be even better with that proper V6.

Stunning?! Has someone hacked your account? The interior looks hideous and the exterior, particularly the rear looks awful as well.

*Edit* No offence intended OP. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's almost as if looks are entirely subjective isn't it?

I think it's a great looking car inside and out - the shiny plastic on the centre console and the low rent instrument cluster are a bit of a let down but otherwise it's a nicer place to be inside than the equivalent BMW 3 Series - extended leather dash as standard, for example.

it is a source of frustration that I've not managed to drive a CTS. I almost got one this year - it was sat right there in the rental space, they said I could have it.... and then couldnt find the keys :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Cool car. Drove an ATS-V Coupe last year and would have one of those over an M4 in a shot, despite disliking some elements of the interior - and the dim-witted automatic gearbox annoying me. Over an M2, though? Trickier choice.

Back
Top Bottom